New to the trojan boating club.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BlackHawkGee

New to the trojan boating club.

Post by BlackHawkGee »

I am looking for some help. I am needing to replace the fuel filter in my 1978 f25 express cruiser it has a 318 chrysler. Also looking for a hard top, and the Manuel. I am also wondering about info like what is the haul rating and what is the max power that I can put on this boat. I am not wanting to go crazy but I also want to be able to take it out in the bay and get back quickly if needed . Also any tips on just how to run this style of boat hidden tips anything like that would be great. I used my Army Disibility to get this boat so I want to take good care of it. Lol

Thank You
The Dog House
Active User

Re: New to the trojan boating club.

Post by The Dog House »

BlackHawkGee wrote:I am looking for some help. I am needing to replace the fuel filter in my 1978 f25 express cruiser it has a 318 chrysler. Also looking for a hard top, and the Manuel. I am also wondering about info like what is the haul rating and what is the max power that I can put on this boat. I am not wanting to go crazy but I also want to be able to take it out in the bay and get back quickly if needed . Also any tips on just how to run this style of boat hidden tips anything like that would be great. I used my Army Disibility to get this boat so I want to take good care of it. Lol
Welcome to the Trojan forum. People have put 260 hp Chevy 350 engines in these boats, but the Chevy engines are taller than the Chrysler engines and the engine hatch will need to be modified. Even with the bigger engine I wouldn't recommend cruising at more than 25 mph. The hull design of these boats is not suited to speeds much above that.

With a RH single screw inboard, you will be able to turn very well to starboard. With the boat not moving, turn the wheel over all the way to starboard. Put the engine in forward for a second and come back to neutral. Put the engine in reverse for a second and come back to neutral. Continue this over and over again until you turn around. You will be able to turn around with very little sideways movement. This only works to starboard. It does not work to port. With a RH single screw inboard, always try to arrange it so you will be turning to starboard.
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Welcome to the forum , not sure of max hp but I beleave there is one here with about 300 hp and was on with a 454 (not sure of the HP ) . You should have 2 fuel filter one one the line to the carb the other in the line from the engine to the tank . Haul out rate varys around here its $11 to $12 a foot plus a daily fee of abou 10 bucks a day ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
AlphaJustin

Post by AlphaJustin »

It seems no two fuel filters are the same so without pictures i cant even pretend to be able to help. For the power just get or build your 318 that way you don't have to change anything on the boat itself.
1972 Trojan F-25 with no TRJ number and a 4 barrel
BeaconMarineBob
Beacon Bob
Beacon Bob

Post by BeaconMarineBob »

Welcome to the forum.
It is not recommended to put any big block in a F 25 or F 26 you will just over power her and push the bow down.

If you need a Owners Manual for your Trojan we can make one for you. It comes with the original invoice,
electrical drawings and around 100 pages on each system of the boat.

We need your Hull number 3 number followed by 4 numbers found on a aluminum plate by the AC/ DC panel under the helm or inside the door to the hanging locker.

Or the USCG number on the starboard stern stamped into the fiberglass it starts with TRJ ......

Just give us a call

609 713 4602
Beacon Marine
Trojanboats.net
Bob Cushman, Owner
Beacon Marine Supply
Bob@BeaconMarineSupply.com
(609)713-4602
~ Please Contribute to the Forum ~
BeaconMarineDon
Beacon Don
Beacon Don

Post by BeaconMarineDon »

If you need parts for your Chrysler please check out our Chrysler part at the Trojan Boat Store
Here is the link to the Chrysler fuel filter.

https://www.trojanboats.net/zencart/ind ... 577b615ebe

Bob -
609 713 4602
Beacon Marine Supply
Trojanboats.net
wshipman

Post by wshipman »

I recently purchased an 83 Trojan F36 cruiser I am connecting it to shore power my question is...Is the boat 120 or 220vlt? can I use one shore cord with a splitter if it is 120vlt or do I need to purchase two cords to get to 220Vl
wshipman

Post by wshipman »

wshipman wrote:I recently purchased an 83 Trojan F36 cruiser I am connecting it to shore power my question is...Is the boat 120 or 220vlt? can I use one shore cord with a splitter if it is 120vlt or do I need to purchase two cords to get to 220Vl
I spoke with Bob at Beacon Marine and he was able to answer my question
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

wshipman wrote:I recently purchased an 83 Trojan F36 cruiser I am connecting it to shore power my question is...Is the boat 120 or 220vlt? can I use one shore cord with a splitter if it is 120vlt or do I need to purchase two cords to get to 220Vl
It is 120 volt While you can use one cord your limited to 30 amps if you use 2 cords you have 60 amps available . Make sure the crossover is off when using 2 cords
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D