1975 Trojan F30 tween screw-slow leak into the boat. The leak is coming from where the exhaust pipe exits the boat and t

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

bemexem

1975 Trojan F30 tween screw-slow leak into the boat. The leak is coming from where the exhaust pipe exits the boat and t

Post by bemexem »

Hello All,

I have a slow leak into the boat. The leak is coming from where the exhaust pipe exits the boat and the pipe is capped on outside with an elbow that directs cooling water and fumes to the side of the boat (sorry don't know the proper term of the part). Anyway, it's secured to the stern with what appears like 4 bolts.
The question I have, would I need to take the boat out of the water in order to properly fox it?

Thank you
Trojan F30 tween screws
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1975 Trojan F30 tween screw-slow leak into the boat. The leak is coming from where the exhaust pipe exits the boat a

Post by prowlersfish »

It would be a good idea .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
RWS
Ultimate User

Re: 1975 Trojan F30 tween screw-slow leak into the boat. The leak is coming from where the exhaust pipe exits the boat a

Post by RWS »

prowlersfish wrote:It would be a good idea .
+100

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
ken64k

Post by ken64k »

Yes, the boat needs to be out of the water for this repair. The exhaust tips should be removed, cleaned up and resealed with
3 M 4200 or similar sealant. Make sure the transom core is dry also.
Trojan F32 Flybridge 1975
Twin Ford 351s
Albany N.Y.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Transoms are not Cored on F boats I would us 5200 myself ( some hate it others love it )
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

prowlersfish wrote:Transoms are not Cored on F boats I would us 5200 myself ( some hate it others love it )

The devil's glue......

I use it on all my underwater fittings. Don't see the point of anything else where water can get into the boat.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
El L Sea
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by El L Sea »

The angel for the Devil.
DeBond.jpg
DeBond.jpg (19.61 KiB) Viewed 5617 times
El L Sea
Fort Myers, FL
1988 Trojan 12m International Sport Fisherman
2017 Boston Whaler 130 Tender w/ 40HP Mercury
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

P-Dogg wrote:
prowlersfish wrote:Transoms are not Cored on F boats I would us 5200 myself ( some hate it others love it )

The devil's glue......

I use it on all my underwater fittings. Don't see the point of anything else where water can get into the boat.
The exhaust is right at the water line (mines Partly under ) Great stuff .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

P-Dogg wrote:

The devil's glue......

77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

prowlersfish wrote:
P-Dogg wrote:

The devil's glue......

Where is it when you are on the boat? :P :P :wink: