Replacing water heater in 14M Intl Convertible

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

eitherorr

Replacing water heater in 14M Intl Convertible

Post by eitherorr »

Good day all. I have recently found my water heater after owning the boat for 2 yrs. I have found water dripping off the plate it is mounted to and believe I will need to replace it. However, where it is located does not make it for an easy replacement. Has anyone, or does anyone know the best method to remove and replace it? Thank you for your help. --Ken Orr
RWS
Ultimate User

Re: Replacing water heater in 14M Intl Convertible

Post by RWS »

fairly straightforward on the 10 meter, I replaced mine in during the diesel refit in 2005.

worst case for you might be to cut the old one out and replace it with a smaller unit...….

I have been on one 14 meter convertible - ANDIAMO in Stuart, FL - WHAT AN AMAZING VESSEL !!!

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
rickalan35
Moderate User

Re: Replacing water heater in 14M Intl Convertible

Post by rickalan35 »

RMS and Ken...... hate to reply with no advice about the hot water tank except to suggest "Just do what seems to make the most sense to get to it, plan on taking twice as long as your planned and paying twice what you budgeted." But just wanted to say that I was aboard a 14 metre in Toronto that I believe was sold and went to Florida because it came with a pretty cool looking factory hardtop. Truly amazing hull. Quite a boat you've got on your hands, Ken.

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters