1976 F-32 Sedan - Salon Sliding doors

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BradZ
Sporadic User

1976 F-32 Sedan - Salon Sliding doors

Post by BradZ »

Ok does anyone now how to remove the sliding doors on the salon walls? Is there any trick to fixing them?
Last edited by BradZ on Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1976 Trojan F-32 Sedan Home Port is Catawba Island live in Wadsworth Ohio
BeaconMarineBob
Beacon Bob
Beacon Bob

Re: 1976 F-32 Sedan

Post by BeaconMarineBob »

There were two different ways the sliding cabinet doors worked.

One had a kind of leaf spring on the top. On this setup you pushed up on the door and you then can move the bottom of the door out of the track.

On the other one there were guides on the top of the door and the door and you need to remove the guides to get the door out.

Hopefully someone will add to this post who knows more about how to remove the guides.
Bob Cushman, Owner
Beacon Marine Supply
Bob@BeaconMarineSupply.com
(609)713-4602
~ Please Contribute to the Forum ~
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1976 F-32 Sedan

Post by WayWeGo »

We have a 1975 F-36 and our doors are the first type Bob mentioned.

To remove them, I had to remove the back door first. Lift up the door as high as you can and then push the bottom of the door into the cabinet. Ours were very tight and I had to slide them left and right to find the biggest part of the opening. Once you have the back door removed and pushed back into the cabinet, you can remove the front door the same way. Then you can tilt the doors to remove them from the cabinet.

The guides on the bottom of the door are probably in bad shape and it might be a good idea to replace them. I believe you can get them from Beacon Marine. If you can't find them on this site, give Bob a call.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
BradZ
Sporadic User

Re: 1976 F-32 Sedan - Salon Sliding Doors

Post by BradZ »

Thanks guys I have the leaf spring type. I didn't want to start pushing and pulling not knowing how they came out. Glides on the bottom of the doors? Anyone have a picture? I thought they just slid in the grooves like the kitchen and bathroom sliding doors.....
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1976 F-32 Sedan - Salon Sliding doors

Post by WayWeGo »

This is what the slider that attaches to the bottom of the door looks like (the hole in the bottom is broken out where the nail mounts the slider to the door):
17566.jpeg
17566.jpeg (23.68 KiB) Viewed 3777 times
And these are the tracks that it slides on:
20180819_133749.jpg
20180819_133749.jpg (45.95 KiB) Viewed 3777 times
The tracks are installed in slots cut into the wood that forms the bottom of the door opening. In this photo, the trim on the outside of the door opening is to the right with the tape measure butted up against it.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
BradZ
Sporadic User

Re: 1976 F-32 Sedan - Salon Sliding doors

Post by BradZ »

Now I got it... Thanks Way We Go that helps a lot.. As a matter of fact I found a few of those in a drawer and wondered what they were for... But right now nothing gets thrown away till I know what it is.. thanks agian