RIP David Pascoe

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

RWS
Ultimate User

RIP David Pascoe

Post by RWS »

After having my boat survive the eye of category 4 hurricane Charlie due to my implementation of his hurricane preparation tips found on the his website, I bought his MID SIZED POWER BOATS book in 2004.

His on line review of the Internationals was well done, despite some historical errors.

Opinionated, YES, and he really despised low displacement/high RPM diesels like mine, but wow, what a great source of information from a true OLD SALT.

Where will the OLD SALTS come from in the future?

RIP PASCOE

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: RIP David Pascoe

Post by P-Dogg »

RWS wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:18 am Where will the OLD SALTS come from in the future?

RIP PASCOE
Not from any of the millenials I know, thats for sure. Ive had some ask me where the switch was for the auto-off digital calipers.....

Sorry to hear he dragged is anchors for the next world. I too have an assortment of his books, and have often perused his website absorbing knowledge.

When i went see my current boat for the first time, i brought my outlet tester, IR thermometer, camera, inspection mirror flashlight, moisture meter, etc.

I asked if i could remove drawers and look behind them -- stuff like that. The owner said "Is this a survey???" I said "No, but the trip here from my house and back takes 6 hours. When i leave today, youll either have a signed contract subject to a real survey, and a deposit, or youll never see me again." About 2 seconds passed, and then he said "Ok!"

With the knowledge that i gleaned from reading Pascoe, and from looking at ten(!) prior 1981 to 1985 tricabs, i pored over that boat, then wrote a check. Thank you David for helping me select a real gem.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
rickalan35
Moderate User

Re: RIP David Pascoe

Post by rickalan35 »

Hi All

Yes, we've all read David Pascoe reviews. I too remember his positive review of the International.

But the guy called a spade a spade and he sure hammered the shoddy side of manufacturing. The kind that produced poorly cored hulls, haphazard and/or badly designed boats and unsafe production methods.

Time marches on as we all know. David was only 71 when he passed away on November 23rd

He started early, training to be a surveyor in his father's firm. I don't believe he ever did anything else from a career perspective, except be related to surveying and also to the world of overseeing construction of super motoryachts. He also crewed on ocean racing yachts.

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters