1972 31ft

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Metalriff

1972 31ft

Post by Metalriff »

Looking at purchasing a 1972 31 ft hardtop. Twin fords, gen set, pretty nice shape. My first big boat. Anything I should really be aware of? Thank you
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1972 31ft

Post by prowlersfish »

Trojan made 2 or 3 31 foot boats . A all wood boat , a glass hull with a wood top side but not in 72 , and The all F glass F31 . I am going to assume its the F31 , like any almost 50 year old boat it needs to be looked at closely and likely will have some minor age related issues . The hulls hold up very well . Look at the stringers for rot and the decks for soft spots , this goes for any boat even half its age . A survey is a good idea . Don't expect perfect ,but a Trojan of that age will hold up as well or better the most boat build back then . How they are taken care of is a big factor of course . The ford engines are good and hold up well . Again how they are taken care of . Parts are not as common but can be found . The sponsor ( Beacon marine) of the site has a lot of Trojan parts . Any more info or photos ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Metalriff

Post by Metalriff »

Trying to post pics.
Last edited by Metalriff on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Link just goes to a site , No photos .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D