Cappy's f32 rehab

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Captrichc
Moderate User

Re: Cappy's f32 rehab

Post by Captrichc »

Engine hatches installed. All is good. Need to start up engines and get ready to get wet. Going to use FRP for the toe kicks around the outside under the gunnel wall.
1974 f32 Sedan
Twin 233 Mercruisers
Captrichc
Moderate User

Post by Captrichc »

Ok. Had some engine issues. Port impeller needed to be replaced. Done. Starboard engine had me going crazy. Carburetor needed adjustment, then the fuel vent was clogged. And the the griund for the coil wasnt attached. And then the wire from the coil to the distributor was not all the way pushed in. Would only run for 20 min then cut out. Finally got all the things rectified and i had it running for about 30 min last night. Need to adjust the idle and timing on both engines. But i am in the water. And the season starts.
1974 f32 Sedan
Twin 233 Mercruisers
Captrichc
Moderate User

Post by Captrichc »

Engines tuned. New bimini top and enclosures are on. Now it is time to clean and get ready to drop in the genset.
1974 f32 Sedan
Twin 233 Mercruisers
BradZ
Sporadic User

Post by BradZ »

Love to see some progress pics Cappy… I'll be posting some this weekend on my project...
1976 Trojan F-32 Sedan Home Port is Catawba Island live in Wadsworth Ohio
Captrichc
Moderate User

Post by Captrichc »

Will do this weekend.
1974 f32 Sedan
Twin 233 Mercruisers
Captrichc
Moderate User

Post by Captrichc »

Hey everyone sorry been slacking. Work is kicking my a$$ lately. I am going to be stripping the top rail and cleats this weekend and resealing them. also what is a cheap way to seal the old anchor locker rope door. This is where i believe is my biggest culprit for my soft deck issues. Pics to come tomorrow i promise.
1974 f32 Sedan
Twin 233 Mercruisers
Captrichc
Moderate User

Post by Captrichc »

Toe kicks are done for the deck. Finally. Finished up all of the hoses for the head. Now its getting the genny installed and moving the batteries..
1974 f32 Sedan
Twin 233 Mercruisers
Captrichc
Moderate User

Post by Captrichc »

Also found the greatest thing to wash your boat with. Clorox toilet bowl cleaner. Its the most amazing stuff on the planet to use. And its ridiculously cheap.
1974 f32 Sedan
Twin 233 Mercruisers
Captrichc
Moderate User

Post by Captrichc »

Ordered inject-a-deck deck repair system. My deck is extremely soft. And i have a few soft spots in the fly bridge floor. If it gets me a few seasons ill be happy untill i redo the decking. Pics and video to follow. Hopefully next weekend.
1974 f32 Sedan
Twin 233 Mercruisers
Daddiorick

Post by Daddiorick »

New to the forum. Came here because a new to me f32 has soft spots in deck. I had been researching the injectadeck system. Would love to see pics and any video that gets captured. Thanks in advance
Captrichc
Moderate User

Post by Captrichc »

Ill be doing the deck next weekend. I have no plans as of right now lol.
1974 f32 Sedan
Twin 233 Mercruisers
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I have wondered about it also . Look forward to the results .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Daddiorick

Post by Daddiorick »

My research seems to indicate it is fairly easy so long as one moves quickly. Sadly the website videos are not at all helpful. My f32 developed deck problems I believe because some previous owner removed Vberth bulkhead/wall. This removed lots of support for starboard side of deck and dropped starboard hatch a couple inches where water pooled and found a way around hatch. No evidence of leaking into cabin but deck core is toast... Oh well will stay tuned here and hope for an expensive miracle cure... Man that foam liquid is pricey 😁
Captrichc
Moderate User

Post by Captrichc »

Majority of the decks get soft on the f32s due to the anchor rope cover. They did not completely seal the core there. Im hoping we get a day with no rain lol
1974 f32 Sedan
Twin 233 Mercruisers
Daddiorick

Post by Daddiorick »

Will check my anchor locker. Thanks. I am new to Trojans so any suggestions are helpful. Fighting with engine and ac blocked seacocks rihhnow too... But I am too stupid to give up easy...