F36 aft sink drain discharge location

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Jaxtri

F36 aft sink drain discharge location

Post by Jaxtri »

Does my sink in the aft head discharge into the bilge or overboard on the F36 Tricabin?
1985 F-36 Tri-Cabin “Ariel”
Twin 270 Crusaders
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: F36 aft sink drain discharge location

Post by Moderator »

While I don't know exactly where on the tri , over board is the norm on Trojans , if its going in the bilge you likely have a broken hose .

Helping keep Trojan Yachts alive .
Forum Moderator
TrojanBoats.Net
Trojan Boater
Jaxtri

Post by Jaxtri »

That’s what I thought. The drain is aft of the bulkhead that separates the engine compartment from the aft master cabin. The fuel and water tanks are under the bed in the aft cabin. On the outside of the boat there are two thru-hulls which seem to be forward of the bulkhead. Has anyone chased those drains from the sink to the thru-hull?
Twin 270 Crusaders
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

One is the sink discharge, pumped overboard via a bilge pump in a box at the front of the bed, and the other is the aft bilge pump.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
Jaxtri

Post by Jaxtri »

Thanks P-Dogg. The two thru-hulls go to the aft bilge pump and the bilge pump in a box for the sink in front of the bed. I would think the shower/tub drain may also discharge into the same box as the sink since there are only two thru-hulls.
Twin 270 Crusaders
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Jaxtri wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:56 am I would think the shower/tub drain may also discharge into the same box as the sink since there are only two thru-hulls.
Correct. And if you need access to the tub drain, it is via a the hatch inside the vanity.
Jaxtri

Post by Jaxtri »

I think the bilge pump in the box is not working. I am not sure the location of the box “in front of the bed” applies to the 1985 tri-cabin. Ours is a single “queen size” bed. I can walk around both sides and the foot side of the bed. The bilge box may be located under the shelf on the port side.

Accessing the tub drain through the cabinet under the sink looks very challenging.
Twin 270 Crusaders
Jaxtri

Post by Jaxtri »

P-dogg, was your tricabin built before 1983? Not sure the configuration around the bed is the same as in my 1985 tricabin.
Twin 270 Crusaders
Jaxtri

Post by Jaxtri »

I cannot find an electrical switch for the bilge pump in the box (water collection box for aft tub and sink). It must be gravity drainage. The shower/floor drain in the forward head has an electrical switch mounted in the wall.
Twin 270 Crusaders
P-Dogg
Active User

Post by P-Dogg »

Mine is an '85. My shower sump is at the foot of the bed, centerline, and activated by a float switch in said box. No separate manual switch like the front head.

If your floor is completely carpeted, you may be able to see the box if you remove the floor of the hanging locker, dangle upside down, and hold your tongue just right. Flashlight and mirror will be needed. Regardless, you need to be able to access and service the pump, so if not already present, a new access hatch is in order.
Jaxtri

Post by Jaxtri »

I have an air conditioner under the floor of the hanging locker. I have yet to look under the mattress. Perhaps I can access it that way. If not there I would have to pull up the carpet and install a new access hatch at the foot of the bed like you said.

How about one of those cameras on a stick?
Twin 270 Crusaders
Jaxtri

Post by Jaxtri »

I looked at the area at the foot of the bed. There were seams in the carpet indicating something beneath. Lo and behold (exactly as you said) the carpet was tacked to a sheet of plywood that lifted up (carpet still attached) exposing a box containing a bilge pump. Excellent. Thanks!
Twin 270 Crusaders
Jaxtri

Post by Jaxtri »

The bilge pump seems to be getting no power.
Twin 270 Crusaders
P-Dogg
Active User

Post by P-Dogg »

Jaxtri wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:33 pm The bilge pump seems to be getting no power.
Well now that WOULD make the sink drain into the bilge!

Read about your (Great Loop)/2 trip. Sounds like it was an awesome adventure.

P.S. under your bed youll find, gulp, 220 gallons of gasoline. And you may want to search for and read my posts on underwater exhaust rebuild and fresh water tank replacement. Ammeter install too.
Jaxtri

Post by Jaxtri »

Thanks. I have seen the gas tank when I repaired the fresh water pump. Will install the new sump/bilge pump today. I will look up your other post.
Twin 270 Crusaders