Another Newbie

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

ChrisHasty94

Another Newbie

Post by ChrisHasty94 »

Hi All, I've recently acquired a '77 F-32 that is lying up in Long Island and I need to get her down to SW Florida. Any recommendations on haulers with a Hydraulic trailer so I can minimize the flybridge removal? Looks like I will have to fly up to NY to take the windscreen, etc. off because I can't seem to find a marina or crew with the time to do it now that the COVID orders are being lifted. I appreciate any advice or lessons learned in advance!! Looking forward to learning from you all!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Another Newbie

Post by prowlersfish »

I am about 99% sure the fly will have to come off .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
ChrisHasty94

Re: Another Newbie

Post by ChrisHasty94 »

Thanks prowlersfish, I'm fully expecting that, and after a rebuild of my D90 engine, I'm hopeful I'll be able to handle it myself! Do you know where I might be able to find a height from keel to cabin top? and maybe to top of helm station? I'm hoping to nail down a trucking company this week and want to confirm how much is coming off. Are you saying everything down to cabin top has to come off? Thanks again!