75 F32 Ignition Switches

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

AwayOnBusine$$
Moderate User

Re: 75 F32 Ignition Switches

Post by AwayOnBusine$$ »

Just finished filling 32 holes with Marine-Tex and then gelcote on the Bridge console. There are more loose unconnected wires than I care to think about.
F32 Fly 1975
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

On WayWeGo, you can start the engines from either helm, no matter what position the switches are in at the other helm.

We run from the flybridge 99% of the time, but I always start the engines from the lower helm with the hatch open when getting going. This allows me to hear what is going on and to run to the transom to verify I have water flow through the exhaust.

Once the engines are running to my satisfaction, I go to the flybridge and turn on the engine switches, then go to the lower helm to turn them off there. That gives me full control from the upper helm while cruising and I can shut the engines down after docking without having to run to the lower helm.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
AwayOnBusine$$
Moderate User

Post by AwayOnBusine$$ »

As prowlersfish mentioned regardless of switch setting gauges should be operating at both helms. Is this true on your boat?
F32 Fly 1975
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

WayWeGo wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:22 am On WayWeGo, you can start the engines from either helm, no matter what position the switches are in at the other helm.

We run from the flybridge 99% of the time, but I always start the engines from the lower helm with the hatch open when getting going. This allows me to hear what is going on and to run to the transom to verify I have water flow through the exhaust.

Once the engines are running to my satisfaction, I go to the flybridge and turn on the engine switches, then go to the lower helm to turn them off there. That gives me full control from the upper helm while cruising and I can shut the engines down after docking without having to run to the lower helm.
A lot of times I will start on the lower also to listen and glance at the fuel gauges . I then shut off and restart at the upper helm . I always run the boat from up top .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

WayWeGo wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:22 am On WayWeGo, you can start the engines from either helm, no matter what position the switches are in at the other helm.

That is exactly how our 78 was and the wiring matched the schematics . It had the toggles at the lower and keyed switches at the upper....all off , on , momentary......Mike
AwayOnBusine$$
Moderate User

Post by AwayOnBusine$$ »

"""The further we go the behinder we get"""A three way switch is? 1. off, 2 turn to left to on position. " gauges will activate " 3 turn farther to the left and engines will crank.
I have toggle switches a both helms. No key required to start this boat.
F32 Fly 1975
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Away wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:06 pm """The further we go the behinder we get"""A three way switch is? 1. off, 2 turn to left to on position. " gauges will activate " 3 turn farther to the left and engines will crank.
I have toggle switches a both helms. No key required to start this boat.
On the toggle swith down is off, middle run/on and hold up for crank/start
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
AwayOnBusine$$
Moderate User

Post by AwayOnBusine$$ »

Exactly what I have at both stations.
F32 Fly 1975