1996 390 Windshield Screw Cover

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

trojanicki

1996 390 Windshield Screw Cover

Post by trojanicki »

Putting new screw cover “foam” in at windshield and side glass. Part number available, anyone? Or best resource to find it? There was no existing gasket on the boat. The previous non - caretakers used residential a/c window unit foam to collect the water. 😂
Thanks in advance.
rickalan35
Moderate User

Re: 1996 390 Windshield Screw Cover

Post by rickalan35 »

Hi, Good to hear from you. I know exactly what you're referring to and although I had previously located a source, darned if I can find where I "carefully" filed it away. These people here https://www.mcmaster.com/ might be able to point you in the right direction. They have some foam type covering but not what I think you're looking for. Prowlerfish might be helpful. If I find what I'm looking for I will post it here. best of luck with your 390.

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

Hi,

The foam that I was referring to in the above post is found right here at our own Trojan Online Store. Please go over to the store and you'll find it.

Tap on Trojan Parts under the Categories Heading. Then tap on International Series in the drop down menu under International Series. Then in the Gold Covered Folders tap on Gaskets/Channel. Scroll down 8 photos to DECK FOAM.

Trojaniki, this may not be what you require but it is definitely what I was remembering. I have always figured this foam would fit on my '94 370 in exactly the same location you are referring to.

Please let us know what you find out if you phone or email Beacon

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
trojanicki

Post by trojanicki »

Rick - thanks a ton.