Hey guys new to forum but in year 6 of 76 f32 resomod

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Letsgetnauti

Hey guys new to forum but in year 6 of 76 f32 resomod

Post by Letsgetnauti »

Originally decided to eliminate most of everything, I’m 35 been on lake st Clair and Great Lakes my whole life. Always hated flybridge boats and now I’m in love with my Trojan and back to 90% original. Have 225s and they are great except the carbs were done kept flooding starboard at idle last year and back fire through carbs due to distributors done and never getting her over 2800 rpm under load. Replaced carbs with holly 600s and pro comp billet ready to run distributors. Now gauges act funny but most don’t work. Have to dial her in but got up to 20 mph on a terrible day on water 25mph wind and just cold. I have all new gauges and building new panel out of wood and using some digital gauges. Want some up dates. Want to be different this boat gets a lot of use. Working on flybridge (where drip strip is she seperated at front (fixed with 6one from west marine) and now find back starboard corner as well where floor is soft. I be removing captain chairs and doing a Bench seat, will use injectadeck and replace some of the wood and floor. Doing this at marina in water so can only go so far. Back deck was replaced, fuel tanks redone, hatch floors in engine area, and 80% of kitchen, saved what could be. I just did headliner and most the wood redone. Side new wiring and also water lines. She’s almost there started topside painting. I really don’t want to have to rip bathroom out it’s still actually very nice

JUST A LITTLE INTRODUCTION NOW ONTO MY TOILET ISSUE.

So some one rigged her up somewhere in last 45 year. My toilet is vacuum I have to get name has lights for “ready,full and I believe another one. It works sometimes slowly. No blockages I can vacuum out with shop vac. There is a pump someone put under sink area, it sucks air from outside boat and I’m sure some water on certain days, then goes under floor behind fridge up to a 2nd pump in very front by tank. It’s a huge pump but it’s belt driven. The other pump runs into it,then the front pump as 2 outlets that tee off and go to top of tank. Every hose is 1/2 inner diameter. These run on seperate switches someone may have installed but are marked toilet and drain pump. When I tore out the interior I realized there is another non Working pump at bilge area that hooks in and is electric and has to be for pump out. I still have the pump and original manual pump out line to it pinched off and I’m sure I have to remove it even though I’d never use it ( still have both 1976 extinguishers on board for display only) I’m young but old school to the core 40ft 59 Chris craft before this. And quite a few cars from 51-79. I want to keep this original as possible both pumps seem to be working right, if I disconnect the 1/2 line to top of tank water will back flow then go down slowly then stop. Sometimes it magically works! Any help would be great on where to start and if posting pics on here is easy I will get them tomorrow ASAP
Last edited by Letsgetnauti on Sun May 23, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Hey guys new to forum but in year 6 of 76 f32 resomod

Post by prowlersfish »

You will need to change the senders to match the gauges and # of helms. Do you have a lower helm? The gauges need to be compatible.

. What brand is the head ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Letsgetnauti

Post by Letsgetnauti »

Yes have lower helm. Im remaking the gauge panel out of wood. I switch to ready to run distributors and now tacks just don’t work and the way these factory ones mount I’ve been everywhere and have to found any the same. So figured just start over. Have ha few other issues I found today but I’m not giving up on this boat. She’s so old and will be 100% beautiful it’s getting there I tried to post pics and they would my load
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Any message whn 6hy photos don't load?
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Letsgetnauti

Post by Letsgetnauti »

Just had a triangle with ! In it, I tried all different sizes. Having a very hard time with the toilet... driving me insane and not understanding it or what one of the previous owners did. Took almost an hour for water to clear into tank.

Have switch labeled drain and goes to pump under sink area someone put in then runs under the fridge to a pump that’s belt driven in very from of cabin. It suck air from outside the boat and goes into low left corner of bigger belt driven pump. Then pump has to outs it looks like tee’d off to on small line to top of tank. I have no blockage if I take hose right from toilet of tank I can shop vac the water right through. Someone said should be a marcerator pump under toilet but it’s by the Bilge and a totally different line it’s on the pump out. There is a shower drain and could here it buble today. I’ve got so much done and really don’t want to pull up the carpet floor and bathroom since I rebuild the kitchen area I just need to cut out sink and do what I decide on counter top. Working toilet is huge for the ladies and there is no way any solid poo with go through it. It’s driving me nuts these pump are ancient and toilet is a brand I’ve never seen
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Never seen the triangle with! without a message. On to the Head On my boat and others, the drain switch is for the shower. But no telling what has been done here. I Don't know of any pump that is supposed to suck air from the outside. It sounds like your pumping the holding tank out and the air is getting suck in through the vent. Are hitting the peddle on the head? Here is a diagram of the Vacuflush system. It doesn't show it but there is a valve on the bottom of the head (foot pedal) Try to post photos again, If you still can't send them to my email. I will PM you, my address.
Attachments
vacuflush-system.jpg
vacuflush-system.jpg (39.35 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Letsgetnauti

Post by Letsgetnauti »

I looked at that diagram and I noticed my holding tank is not vented. I have a feeling some one really rigged her up, the pump running to the “drain pump” is ran into port side out next to the engine. That a long way to travel, I pulled the filter and it was full of lint. Makes no sense to suck air that far and the funny think is there is still fresh saw dust I am making sliding doors for starboard side under windows. I got this boat almost gutted and have been playing the puzzle game with wood pieces. I’ll take detailed pics and get them on here. It’s set up different than anything I’ve seen in depths of the internet. 2 owners ago was a real hillbilly and had 6 of these and wanted 15k for this one and was laughed at, back deck and tanks were redone, rebuilt sides inside most the wood was done and a lot of the kitchen area. It’s coming along, if I could have it at home shes be 100% already but 30-40 minute drive to her is not fun when building a boat.
Letsgetnauti

Post by Letsgetnauti »

Got pics today she is flushing very slow. I had to turn water of to empty it. Let’s see if my pics upload
Attachments
This is “drain pump”
This is “drain pump”
B726EC55-2156-42D4-9AC7-77458850E1A2.jpeg (23.09 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Switches
Switches
CD2AEF60-999A-4E70-B22E-0F61AF088898.jpeg (16.7 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Toilet I believe nothing is hooked up lights and button do nothing
Toilet I believe nothing is hooked up lights and button do nothing
F9E26BD7-6756-4024-AB39-E07D88A9C2B4.jpeg (19.29 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Line off front pump I put my thumb over it and barely sucking
Line off front pump I put my thumb over it and barely sucking
95C37EC9-1AA6-498C-8800-BD882D2344D8.jpeg (23.02 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Holding tank looks like a pool tank
Holding tank looks like a pool tank
B8FE9D6D-8617-4B1E-AD9B-9DE29CFC9BDA.jpeg (23.89 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Front pump that was rewired
Front pump that was rewired
2AB21D3E-BDEF-4FBF-8C0D-76C391E15DE6.jpeg (26.66 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Letsgetnauti

Post by Letsgetnauti »

I did play some today and drain pump by fridge does drain the shower drain. No idea why it’s set to pull all from the rough the hull in motor hatch. I thing maybe just front pump is tired even though she works and sounds strong