84' Trojan F32, in too deep?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Velislide

Re: 84' Trojan F32, in too deep?

Post by Velislide »

Wasn't talking about LS2 gassers, the new LM2's they came out with in 2019/2020, 3L inline 6 diesels. They can be had with single digit miles, for 8500 w/ a transmission. I'm sure the trans would go for a couple grand. Pretty cheap diesel option that would just need some R&D to fit up. And makes more power than the original 270 crusaders. They have forged cranks and rods, also.

That's just a dream though, I'll really have to like the boat to go that route.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Velislide wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:32 pm Wasn't talking about LS2 gassers, the new LM2's they came out with in 2019/2020, 3L inline 6 diesels. They can be had with single digit miles, for 8500 w/ a transmission. I'm sure the trans would go for a couple grand. Pretty cheap diesel option that would just need some R&D to fit up. And makes more power than the original 270 crusaders. They have forged cranks and rods, also.

That's just a dream though, I'll really have to like the boat to go that route.
LS was a brain fart (I'll change it) The LM2 Will take a lot of work and $$ to convert to marine. So far they seem to be holding up well in light-duty trucks, they do run well.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Velislide

Post by Velislide »

Well, tossed the 60" and 15" cabinet in, had to rip a 1/4" off the left and right sides, to make it fit, it was tight. Luckily the face frames have a 1/4" reveal, so sides went in flush. Going to make some doors for the back of the cabinet, sliders or something, so I can access that dead space back there. Thinking that would be a good spot for some inline water filters, that way if there's ever a leak, it won't wreck my beautiful MDF fake wood cabinet bottoms. :lol: Plywood tops for strength, instead of blocking for the countertops. Especially if I cut out a large section of the back, for the slider doors.

Definitely prefer this, over the ugly ass dinette that was there! Still need to frame up the raised backsplash area. And a billion other things.

kitchen3.png
kitchen3.png (144.96 KiB) Viewed 4872 times
Velislide

Post by Velislide »

Haven't got a ton done lately, in the process of taking a new job and going to have to move roughly 150 miles, so getting that figured out with the boat and everything. Did manage to get some staining done, the riser area behind the counters, and floors in. Going to have the regular bilge access, and access to the bilge area under the stairs too, this way I was able to level the floors out a lot better, and used 3/4 instead of half. Soaked the bottoms in a couple quarts of poly, should last awhile. Showered plumbed into the new sump.

Just getting the other side of the kitchen figured out. Going to be putting in a washer/dryer all in one combo unit over there, a long with a 5-7cu ft fridge. And if I can make it fit, an over the range microwave too. Going to make this thing a tiny live aboard.
sinkback1.png
sinkback1.png (138.77 KiB) Viewed 4830 times
floor1.png
floor1.png (144.97 KiB) Viewed 4830 times
floor2.png
floor2.png (165.62 KiB) Viewed 4830 times
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

One step at a time looks good.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
mrrudely
Sporadic User

Post by mrrudely »

looks like someones doing much more work than I am
great stuff!
10 meter mid cabin
Velislide

Post by Velislide »

Picked up a fridge and over the range microwave today at Best Buy, hope it fits how I think it will!