390 vent leak

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

dennish

390 vent leak

Post by dennish »

Does anyone know why a waste vent is dripping condensation? The tank is empty.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 390 vent leak

Post by prowlersfish »

Sound like it may have been overfilled and some waste got in the line. Warmer weather causing gasses in the tank to expand?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

Is that vent at the very front of the bow in a hard to see spot if you're lying on the deck???

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

rickalan35 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:54 am Is that vent at the very front of the bow in a hard to see spot if you're lying on the deck???

Rick
From His/her other post
dennish wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:54 am I have a 1996 Trojan 390 and suddenly have moisture dripping from a chrome port vent that is about mid cabin. It also is leaving a dark stain on the boat.
Any ideas what this is?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

Thanks for the added info, Prowler.

Well on these Carver-built Trojans, my identical boat has a single black water vent that emerges through the hull at the extreme bow end on the port side.

Spiders got in there two summers ago and blocked it. This incurred an odour.

My manual is not here at the moment or I would look up what the heck that mid cabin vent is sourced from. Later today, I'll stop by my storage unit and that manual.

Rick
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

Finally got to my storage unit and retrieved my owners manual

As I had mentioned, the Waste Tank Vent is located on the port side in the bow just beneath the rub rail by a couple of inches.

However, there are three openings close together amidship, on the port side: - they are (beginning closest to the bow and working toward stern)
1. the overboard discharge for the waste tank
2. the shower pan discharge
3 the forward bilge pump

Dennish, do you possibly use your overboard discharge to empty your black water (waste) tank or if not, is that valve securely closed inside your bilge?

Meanwhile on the Starboard side, amidships there are three openings: - they are (beginning closest to the bow and working toward stern)
1. Head Vent
2. Galley Sink Drain
3. Water Tank Vent

Hope this is some help

Rick
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

How's life, Prowler? I'm getting sick of the white stuff. We've had a lot of it lately. Looking forward to spring as I bet you are.

Rick
Just One More

Post by Just One More »

The chrome vent that is at about midship just below the front corner of the windshield is the drain for the inner windshield drain channel and the pockets for the wiper motors. The pockets for the wiper motors are impossible to clean without removing the mounting plates from the outside and the inner drain channel is just about as hard. Dirt, bugs, mildew, etc. all build up in those two areas and then if it gets mixed with water creates that staining that you are seeing.