1988 10M Mid Cabin Sliding Glass Door

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Scott67

1988 10M Mid Cabin Sliding Glass Door

Post by Scott67 »

Good day all,
Another project on the horizon for this winter...was wondering if any of you 10M Mid folks have had the pleasure of removing/refurbishing your sliding cabin door/glass. I've did a search of this in the forum, but cannot seem to find a topic. So, if you know of a topic you can link or could shed some tips/advice on removing the door from it's frame in order to repair or replace anything of necessity, I would appreciate it. The door moves and works "okay" but like anything, it will need some TLC at some point and I'd like to get ahead of it before it "needs" to be done.

Thanks for anything shared.
"Speakeasy"
1988 Intl 10 Meter Mid-Cabin Exp
Model 340
Twin 454 (350hp) Crusaders
1.5:1 Gearboxes
Jacksonville, FL
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1988 10M Mid Cabin Sliding Glass Door

Post by prowlersfish »

You may try calling Bob at beacon marine
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
BobCT
Active User

Post by BobCT »

Scott,

Yes, I did it a few years ago and replaced the rollers which I got from Bob. As I recall, if you remove all of the acorn nuts at the top of the door it should lift out. I think you also have to remove something similar at the bottom as well... maybe not. Bob can tell you if you wind up ordering parts.

On mine, I had one roller that was shot. It rolls smoother but surprisingly requires more effort. I never asked Bob if the roller bearings should have been greased before install. I didn't do that and thinking maybe I should have.

Bob
1988 10m mid cabin
Scott67

Post by Scott67 »

BobCT wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:56 am Scott,

Yes, I did it a few years ago and replaced the rollers which I got from Bob. As I recall, if you remove all of the acorn nuts at the top of the door it should lift out. I think you also have to remove something similar at the bottom as well... maybe not. Bob can tell you if you wind up ordering parts.

On mine, I had one roller that was shot. It rolls smoother but surprisingly requires more effort. I never asked Bob if the roller bearings should have been greased before install. I didn't do that and thinking maybe I should have.

Bob
Bob,
Many thanks, that's kind of what I was looking for....some real world experience and feedback. As mentioned, mine "feels" okay and it opens and closes okay since I purchased the boat, but I'm not aware of what it's supposed to feel like and if it's really okay. I just know it gets a lot of use and I haven't done anything with it since. It's only a matter of time I'm sure.
Appreciate the feedback.
"Speakeasy"
1988 Intl 10 Meter Mid-Cabin Exp
Model 340
Twin 454 (350hp) Crusaders
1.5:1 Gearboxes
Jacksonville, FL