1968 Sea Voyager 42 Motor Yacht

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

VoyagerJoe

1968 Sea Voyager 42 Motor Yacht

Post by VoyagerJoe »

Hello All,
My wife and I just purchased a beautiful Trojan 42 Motor Yacht. She is on beautiful condition having been EXTENSIVELY restored between 2004 and 2019 including a Crusader 7.4 re-power and replanking the bottom with new bronze fasteners.

She was given many years of painstaking care, love and attention including berthing in a covered slip. We repainted the bottom that had nothing but a thin layer of scum and no growth aong with a full inspection and new zincs. Topside and teak decks will get a redoux this year and next. She has attended a number of Classic Antique Boat shows on the Chesapeake.

Trojan was a proud name for the short time that the company was producing boats compared to other makes that had a longer history. Trojan boats were a quality breed. It is a shame that the Marque was allowed to disappear from the ranks of the boating industry.

I am very pleased that we have an active and vibrant Owner's Forum and look forward to contributing.

Joe Dempsey
M/Y Voyager
Deltaville, VA
Joe Dempsey
M/V Voyager
1968 Trojan 42
Deltaville, VA
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1968 Sea Voyager 42 Motor Yacht

Post by prowlersfish »

Congrats on the new to you boat. The Chesapeake bay is a wonderful place to cruise.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D