360 sputtering and stalling on rpm increase under load

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Martino

360 sputtering and stalling on rpm increase under load

Post by Martino »

Any help and advise would be greatly appriciated !

So my 1980 F32 which I have been restoring for three years finally went in the water mid August. New stringers, Bulkheads and much more!
New 360's, fuel system totally gone through, carbs rebuilt and rechecked three times, distributors rebuilt. Literally all new everything.
Port engine sputters and dies out @1200 rpm's when I attempt to power up both engines under load to pick up speed. I have swapped carbs from side to side. Before your say it, yes anti syphons are new also.

Has anyone eperienced anthing similar to this or the same?
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 360 sputtering and stalling on rpm increase under load

Post by prowlersfish »

Check to make sure your timing and make sure you're getting full advance, Fuel pump pressure and volume ok?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Martino

Re: 360 sputtering and stalling on rpm increase under load

Post by Martino »

prowlersfish wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:31 am Check to make sure your timing and make sure you're getting full advance, Fuel pump pressure and volume ok?
Fuel pressure is good. Sunday I checked the timing and it was at 10 degrees advanced. I'll check for the specs and investigate it again tonight.
Stay tuned.
Thanks