old gauges

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

VoyagerJoe

Re: old gauges

Post by VoyagerJoe »

I want to begin replacing guages on my 1968 Sea Voyager 42. I don't know if mine are original or not. The tachometer lenses are foggy and are difficult to read from the helm and the hour meters need to be zeroed for my new power. What make did Trojan use in the Sea Voyagers. Also, the fuel guages are not working. One of them works occasionaly in the forward tank position. They are activated by two position switches on the panel. It may be a sending unit issue. What would be the wiring set up for dual tanks?
Attachments
20230706_133724.jpg
20230706_133724.jpg (76.37 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Joe Dempsey
M/V Voyager
1968 Trojan 42
Deltaville, VA
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: old gauges

Post by prowlersfish »

Joe, That tach is not original. The hour meter is digital. They did not have digital back then and the OEM tachs were also cable-driven. A new hour meter will be at zero. The OEM would likely say trojan on them. Not sure who made them. Any photos of the other gauges so I can tell you if they are OEM Trojan or not?

Beacon Marine has some used gauges.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D