Exhaust Geometry

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Stupidav

Exhaust Geometry

Post by Stupidav »

Long before my ownership, the back deck had been removed, including the exhaust supports. It has been supported by plumber's strapping for quite a while. Although the elevation of various parts doesn't make sense in my head, inlet of muffler a little lower that the outlet type of thing.

While I haven't had any known to me issues, if I had to guess, it should all be in a straight line, at least from the Y to the thru-hull, am I wrong? Is there anything that says how it should be, as I haven't seen anything in the Trojan Manual?
Sorry, I am tired of Facebook, so I am here. Just e-mail me if you want any info that I might have! FYI, I have access to 2 - 1976 F32 Sedans, 1 1974 F32 Sedan, 1 F36 Sedan (with Aft Deck Helm), and 1 1978 F26.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Exhaust Geometry

Post by prowlersfish »

As a rule the exhaust should get lower as it gets to the stern assuming you have stern exhaust. You did not say what Trojan you had some had stern some had underwater and some side exhaust. Due to the boats construction sometimes turns were used.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Stupidav

Post by Stupidav »

Sorry I forgot about that part, 1976 F32 Sedan. While I haven't done any actual waterline measurements, I am pretty sure that the inlet of the muffler was lower than the outlet, and everything that I have come across specifically shows the muffler being parallel with the waterline. There was / is a heavy downward slope from the manifolds to the Y pipe, and minimal to the muffler.

Even with 3 F32s (2-76s, 1-74) to look at, none of them are the same, others have made modifications. I am leaning towards a fairly straight slope from the Manifolds / Riser Elbows to the Muffler. Hopefully that will work, unless someone else has a better idea, as I am just guessing.
Sorry, I am tired of Facebook, so I am here. Just e-mail me if you want any info that I might have! FYI, I have access to 2 - 1976 F32 Sedans, 1 1974 F32 Sedan, 1 F36 Sedan (with Aft Deck Helm), and 1 1978 F26.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Things get changed over the years on old boats

Selling parts? What happened with FB?
"Sorry, I am tired of Facebook, so I am here. Just e-mail me if you want any info that I might have! FYI, I have access to 2 - 1976 F32 Sedans, 1 1974 F32 Sedan, 1 F36 Sedan (with Aft Deck Helm), and 1 1978 F26."
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Stupidav

Post by Stupidav »

Unfortunately, I am always looking for many parts, so at least for the time being not selling any now.

Sorry, after years I just decided to update my signature. Nothing with the Trojan Facebook page, just too much political and otherwise junk and adds, I am done with it. After seeing a couple post where someone recommended asking on Facebook, it just kind of spurred my signature.