Need some help?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Hitman46mod8

Need some help?

Post by Hitman46mod8 »

So I have an 83 Trojan Tri-cabin. Absolutely love it! However I have an issue. I was going to change out the lights in the V-berth, fwd head, kitchen over the stove, and rear head shower. I had already changed the salon lights to LEDs. I'm thinking no big deal. So I took some measurements of the existing lights and ordered a set(5) led single 12v R.V. ceiling lights. I went to wire them in, the first light didn't turn on. So I tried another one, same issue. So I got out my dvom and I measured 6.8v at the port V-berth light. I took measurements at the fwd head and kitchen light. 8.2v fwd head. 8.4v kitchen. So I was hoping someone could possibly post a wiring diagram or the under helm label number for this circuit. I'm assuming I have a dirty connection or some bad wire somewhere, I need a place to start troubleshooting. Any help would be appreciated.
83' F36 Tricabin
5.7L Crusaders
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Need some help?

Post by prowlersfish »

Is battery voltage ok on both batteries? Check the breaker connections and the breaker itself and grounds. Do you have the wiring diagram?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I should note many times on Trojan boat wiring black can be positive. I just reread your post you don't have a diagram. Every trojan is unique. But you can get one for your boat from Beacon Marine. They also have complete owner manuals for your boat.

Best to give him a call.

Bob
bob@beaconmarinesupply.com
(609)713-4602
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Hitman46mod8

Post by Hitman46mod8 »

Yes prowlerfish, the batteries are topped up. Breakers are good, and I checked voltage from the salon circuit, I'm aware of the black positive wiring. Good info for anyone reading. I guess I will purchase a Manual from Beacon's store. Thank you for responding.😁
83' F36 Tricabin
5.7L Crusaders