July 4th

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

LSP
Active User

July 4th

Post by LSP »

Our American forefathers successfully worked through strife, fears, and the bullies of their time to prevail in establishing this great country. We, as recipients and inheritors of their magnificent efforts, must hold our heads up high as we express our thanks and jubilation on the 4th of July Independence Day holiday celebrations that we live in such a great country, and we should be encouraged to work together, hand in hand, to resolve our problems and differences in order to maintain the integrity and values that the great and famous document, the Declaration of Independence was founded upon.

How many of you celebrate by watching the fireworks display by boat? Favorite display? I'm heading out shortly to the other side of the Chesapeake Bay to watch Rock Hall's display (tonight's their show) and return tomorrow evening to catch the launch in Middle river. The grandchildren love it.
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
foofer b
Ultimate User

Fireworks in Destin, Fl

Post by foofer b »

Plan to trailer her to the panhandle today, and dive Saturday morning, followed in the evening by a cocktail party , dinner and a fireworks show while rafted up with friends and family in Destin, Fl. God Bless America.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Will, every year we watch the fireworks from the water, when weather permits. We can watch several displays up and down the Potomac.

Going down to the boat in a few hours to spend the weekend just kickin' back and relaxing with family and friends.
I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable weekend as we celebrate our Independence day!

God Bless America!
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

We are at the Tides inn in Irvington Va for the weekend they have a great fire works display I am told . will have a great veiw from the boat
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
David Kane
Sporadic User

Post by David Kane »

I'll motor out to the lake side of Cedar Point Amusement Park, anchor along with hundreds of other boats, & watch their fireworks from the water. Having engine troubles last year, just watched them from farther away at our marina last 4th. Hope my starboard engine holds to see us there and back (reference "Help me think this through" thread). We can see the nightly fireworks from our boat, but it's just not the same as getting up close for the BIG ONE!
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

We park in the middle of Charleston Harbor next to Castle Pinckney island. From this vantage point, we enjoy 7 fireworks displays around Charleston:
  • Isle of Palms,
    Sullivans Island,
    Daniel Island,
    James Island,
    Folly Beach,
    City of Charleston's and finally,
    Patriots Point (Mount Pleasant) which is shot from the deck of the carrier Yorktown.
These are all timed so that each fires alone, which takes about 2 hours! There are usually several thousand boats out there, so it can be very busy afterwards!

Happy 4th!
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

Freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, freedom to enjoy our boats whenever we want, what a great gift from our forefathers and all the fighting heros that have given and given and given, GOD BLESS AMERICA, ALL OUR VETERANS AND TROUPS AND ALL OF YOU. May you have the best fourth of July ever:)
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Post by 1967 seavoyager »

We watch from Onondaga Lake around the corner from the marina. They send em up from the State Fair grounds & 3 or 4 towns around the lake along with the city of Syracuse. It usually is a really good show all around the boat. I'll hoist an ice cold Genesee for everybody, Happy 4Th !
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 Trojan 36' Sea Voyager Express
AndyF32
Sporadic User

Fireworks

Post by AndyF32 »

Well i just put the boat in today and plan on attending the fireworks at the Sub base in Groton, CT tomorrow night. That's if I can get this silly little nav light issue fixed.
mtwolf

Post by mtwolf »

Will,

I sat right in the marina, with the wind howling the way it was, and watched the fireworks around Middle River. I have never seen so many fireworks, on that river, in my life. They were everywhere I looked.

John
F-31
Galloway Creek Marina
Middle River, MD
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

John .... you had the perfect view, that's for sure. I came from the other side the bay around 330pm and I got a taste of the howling myself. The blow boats were having a blast.
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md