Anyone have a Homestrand STOVE?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Rodman
Moderate User

Anyone have a Homestrand STOVE?

Post by Rodman »

I was wondering if this stove came with the Trojan.

HOMESTRAND KENYON ALCOHOL STOVE.

This is photo with Electrical eyes. Buy its same style with alcohol burners in mine.

Trojan
** F25 Hardtop - Express - 1974 - 25 ft
** F26 Hardtop - Express - 1971 - 26 ft
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

HOMESTRAND KENYON ALCOHOL STOVE

Post by larryeddington »

Exactly like the one in my 77 f28, the alcohol burners are missing on mine though. Started an uproar awhile back enquiering about alcohol stoves etc. Not going there again.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
Rodman
Moderate User

Re: HOMESTRAND KENYON ALCOHOL STOVE

Post by Rodman »

larryeddington wrote:Exactly like the one in my 77 f28, the alcohol burners are missing on mine though. Started an uproar awhile back enquiering about alcohol stoves etc. Not going there again.
I found site for all replacement parts for them.

http://www.ess-kayyards.com/catalog/homestrand.html
Trojan
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: HOMESTRAND KENYON ALCOHOL STOVE

Post by prowlersfish »

larryeddington wrote:Exactly like the one in my 77 f28, the alcohol burners are missing on mine though. Started an uproar awhile back enquiering about alcohol stoves etc. Not going there again.
The up roar was from some one ( Not You )was saying they could used colman fuel too (can you say boom?)

As you know I am no fan of alcohol stoves , they work ,but need to know what your doing and be very careful , IMO there are better ways. and I will never have one again
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

Those seem to be pressure alcohol which I don't like, you can get a flame to touch the cabin roof. I much prefer the venturi non pressure kind.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

ready123 wrote:Those seem to be pressure alcohol which I don't like, you can get a flame to touch the cabin roof. I much prefer the venturi non pressure kind.
I agree they are much better but I am spoiled with the gen set and elc. stove/oven :)

I would not put any money in the old type the newer are safer I am sure
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

Am thinking of getting a coleman propane "camping" style stove. Any problem using these kind?
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
Reely Hall'n

Post by Reely Hall'n »

I don't think you should have any problem with a propane stove. Agree with the previous posts, would avoid any flamable fluid type stoves. I use a butane stove. It is a portable one burner that uses cans of butane. Great portable stove for the boat and camping. Just used it this weekend to cook some fresh walleye out on the lake. We had a little ice fishing tourny and cooked up a few for lunch. They are $27 bucks on ebay. Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Portable-Butane ... 4cecec8ecf
Don
1977 F30 w/twin 233 Merc Cruisers
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

I'm with Reely Hall'n.....I have a couple butane single burners. They work great and store away when not in use. They compliment the BBQ and Microwave nicely.
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
Rodman
Moderate User

Post by Rodman »

Reely Hall'n wrote:I don't think you should have any problem with a propane stove. Agree with the previous posts, would avoid any flamable fluid type stoves. I use a butane stove. It is a portable one burner that uses cans of butane. Great portable stove for the boat and camping. Just used it this weekend to cook some fresh walleye out on the lake. We had a little ice fishing tourny and cooked up a few for lunch. They are $27 bucks on ebay. Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Portable-Butane ... 4cecec8ecf
are you biding on that one? I just did....
Trojan
Reely Hall'n

Post by Reely Hall'n »

No I'm not. If you enter butane stove in the search section for ebay you will see tons of them along with extra butane cans. I think you will really like it. Great looking new boat by the way. Good luck.
Don
1977 F30 w/twin 233 Merc Cruisers
Rodman
Moderate User

Post by Rodman »

Reely Hall'n wrote:No I'm not. If you enter butane stove in the search section for ebay you will see tons of them along with extra butane cans. I think you will really like it. Great looking new boat by the way. Good luck.
Thanks.

I can not wait till I get my first f32 or f36 .
Trojan
Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

I have one stored in my shop just like your picture...used once or twice. I ran across it in a consignment shop back when I had a 28' Chris Craft with a Kenyon stove in it. I used a pressurized alcohol stove on the Chris Craft for ten years and never burnt her down. Course though like anything else you have to follow the directions. I even steamed oysters in a steamer on that stove. It would flare up if you didn't preheat it as per the directions, but most anything will bite you if you mistreat it.
1980 F-36 with 6BTA 250 Cummins enjoying the Sounds and coastal waters of North Carolina
Rodman
Moderate User

Post by Rodman »

Danny Bailey wrote:I have one stored in my shop just like your picture...used once or twice. I ran across it in a consignment shop back when I had a 28' Chris Craft with a Kenyon stove in it. I used a pressurized alcohol stove on the Chris Craft for ten years and never burnt her down. Course though like anything else you have to follow the directions. I even steamed oysters in a steamer on that stove. It would flare up if you didn't preheat it as per the directions, but most anything will bite you if you mistreat it.
still using it ?
Trojan
Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

I bought it just in case.....I have never used it other than to fire it up when I got it home to see if it worked. My F-36 has an electric stove and a generator. If you're interested in the Kenyon send me a PM
1980 F-36 with 6BTA 250 Cummins enjoying the Sounds and coastal waters of North Carolina