Good restoration book

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

chumwithabottleofrum
Sporadic User

Good restoration book

Post by chumwithabottleofrum »

Not trying to pimp this book-but I would recommend it for anyone with projects on older Trojans-"This Old Boat" by Don Casey. Technically the boat is about restoration of old blow boats, but a lot of the advice and tips are relevant to old power boats also. One tip that he had, that I have used on my F26-the front hatch was opaque fiberglass that really made the boat look old. I had thought about replacing with a clear smoked plastic hatch-until I saw the prices of those hatches. Instead of purchasing a new hatch I cut the center out of the existing fiberglass hatch and then overlayed it with 1/4" clear smoked plastic. To dress it up and make sure I had a solid project the perimeter was done with stainless machine screws and acorn nuts. Really dressed the old gal up.