whos still diggin

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Wes wrote:After what hit you guys in MD and DC area, CT doesn't seem so bad. The down side here is the darned cold. It will take me until June to thaw out.

Drink more ! :D
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
72SeaRaider

Post by 72SeaRaider »

I don't know how all of you northern guys do it. I just moved to the Dallas area from Houston and the cold is making me regret my move.

Thank God I didn't take the job offer in Buffalo, NY!!

At least it doesn't last long in Texas!
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

were getting hit pretty hard right now, at least 15 inches in my yard at the moment NJ/NY metro area, but I did find some time to go fire off my twin fords, they still sound great even when its 28 and the old girl is covered with snow, the Hudson is iced up pretty good
1983 10 meter express
Jersdevil
Moderate User

Post by Jersdevil »

I have had 48 inches fall on my house since last Saturday 85 inches so far this year, average snowfall here is 15 inches per year. Have a 5 foot drift at my front door this morning. Just talked to a counterpart of mine in Buffalo and they have not received as much snow as us in Baltimore.
Hank Newman
"Winsome" 1979 - F30 Clean Machine
First Sergeant, U.S. Army Retired
Co-Owner Don Snyder
mr elevman
Moderate User

Post by mr elevman »

hear we go again but this time i sat in my garage and lisened to the erie sound of wood crackin and the pritty blue flashes of transformers shorting out then to top my nite off i had to go and pick up my sister in law and her two girls ( thair father lives 3 miles away and couldent get them i live 19) thay lost power yea im done with this i want to be on my boat anckerd up poll in water and a code blue in my hand (i can do that my wife is my des pilot) getting sunburned on my head i just keep telling my self soon soon soon ....
sehord
Sporadic User

Post by sehord »

Snow sounds misserable! I am planning on taiking my boat out for a valentines night cruise... going to be a chilly they say so I'll bring a wind breaker.....! I'll think of you Northern guys while I'm out
A ship in a harbor is safe.... But that's not what ships were built for
72SeaRaider

Post by 72SeaRaider »

Well I need to crash course on how to shovel...LOL...The Dallas area has seen record snowfall today. I have 10'' at my house. The city is shutdown in a bad sort of way.

Of course this all happens the day before I head to Rio for Carnaval for my first vacation in years!! All flights have been grounded out of DFW.
Obaby

I dont mean to rub it in...

Post by Obaby »

:D Sorry guys...I'm takin the boat out fishing this weekend.. Huge humboldt squid invasion off the San Diego coast the past few weeks..

Mid 70 deg temps this weekend here in So Cal..

No winterizing...!!
Trojan 11 Meter International (87)
New Twin MP 502's 8.2
Westerbeke 5KW
Oceanside Harbor San Diego
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

Enjoy enjoy ....
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"