Replacing holding tank hoses on a 10 meter

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

phdgh

Replacing holding tank hoses on a 10 meter

Post by phdgh »

Hi I am replacing the holding tank hoses and the only sanitation hoses out there are 1 1/2 inch but they do not fit does anyone have a solution or did anyone replace these hoses?
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

The hoses are commercially available at any marine store. Take a piece of your hose as a sample to insure you get the same fit.

Make sure you buy SANITATION HOSE.

ALso, "HOSE LUBE" a pink jelly like stuff works better than WD-40 to help ease installation as these connections are really tight.

Double clamp where you can.

RWS
phdgh

Sanitation hose

Post by phdgh »

I have bought some Trident XHD sanitation hoses from the marine supply but the 1 1/2" hose does not fit its to tight I think I have to find corrugated sanitation hose with the cuffs that was what was on before. :(
Apple

Post by Apple »

Just noticed your post about the 1 1/2" sanitation hose not fitting. Here's a little trick I found about the white spiral bound hose...Use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the hose until it is pliable. Be careful not to burn it. Putting it on or taking it off, once warmed, you have a few minutes to seat the hose. When it cools off, you almost don't need clamps. But use them anyway...Doubled up.
phdgh

Post by phdgh »

Apple wrote:Just noticed your post about the 1 1/2" sanitation hose not fitting. Here's a little trick I found about the white spiral bound hose...Use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the hose until it is pliable. Be careful not to burn it. Putting it on or taking it off, once warmed, you have a few minutes to seat the hose. When it cools off, you almost don't need clamps. But use them anyway...Doubled up.

Thank you I will try the heat and see if it works :D