Upper Helm steering pump

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jlyons

Upper Helm steering pump

Post by jlyons »

Does anyone know where one might be able to get a replacement helm pump that would match up to the original on a 1979 trojan 32. Found a leak on the left side where the small round plastic push button goes in. Button broke and is allowing fluid to come out of the side of the pump and leak down the hoses. Thanks for any help!!
jlyons

Post by jlyons »

Does anyone know what type of helm pump or which type could be used to replace the helm pump on a 79 Trojan 32? Thanks
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

I think the unit on my '85 is from Teleflex. Call John at Marine Tech, he should be able to get you going again.

717-684-4145
bthomas70

Post by bthomas70 »

The helm pump on my 1978 F-26 had the same problem. The plastic cap is no longer available from Teleflex. After searching for a similar replacement, I finally used a set screw of the same size and thread. I wrapped it well with teflon tape and have not seen any sign of it leaking.