Perfect repower pair for F-36

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

JuiceClark
Moderate User

sweet

Post by JuiceClark »

Wow, that is one clean F-32...and it's right across the river. That poor guy paid more for those Yanmars than he gonna get for the boat. Did you see he even had guage sets at both helms. What a beauty.

I'm think a turbine engine would work best:
http://www.dieselduck.ca/machinery_page ... urbine.htm
rossjo
Ultimate User

Not a fresh re-do

Post by rossjo »

not a recent repower, but nice... Reserve is probably near $50k ... cheap still.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Post by JuiceClark »

I was impressed with how clean the exterior is. It seems like if he spent all that dough to get the power right and the outside painted, he'd update the moave interior. To each his own.

I've finally found a model for my next repower:
http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,149675,00.html
rossjo
Ultimate User

Re: sweet

Post by rossjo »

JuiceClark wrote:Wow, that is one clean F-32...and it's right across the river. That poor guy paid more for those Yanmars than he gonna get for the boat. Did you see he even had guage sets at both helms. What a beauty.
Such a good deal , I had to bid. :P I'm currently the high bidder, but have not met reserve yet ... :roll:
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
jav
Moderate User

Post by jav »

it will be interesting to see what this boat brings for those of us with diesel F-32's... especialy given the market. Any thoughts on price impact of age versus condition? ex. older better shape versus newer worse shape?
JuiceClark
Moderate User

hp?

Post by JuiceClark »

I wonder how many hp those Yanmars are? Maybe I could buy it and switch all the engines, wiring, etc. May be the cheapest route now that I've thought about it.

Figure I could sell it for that much with fresh 454s in there. Would be pretty quick too.

Pretty good idea RWS...

TC