A/C UPDATE PIC'S

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

A/C UPDATE PIC'S

Post by larglo »

Hi gang,

Here are 3 pic's of the A/C installation. The first is the A/C installed where the door to the anchor storage area was. I have placed the support brackets and caulked, usung silicone. I still need to route the power cable to hide it and then re-paint the area around the unit.

The last two pic's are the bilge exhaust blower installed on the outside top bow ober the storage. I installed the off/on switch, andd all is running great.

Larry

Last edited by larglo on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Thanks for the pics Larry and good looking installation!
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Very nice. Isn't it great when you accomplish a project like this...? :)
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

Nice Job! but what will you do when it is raining and you need your A/C?
WillieTrojan (Owned F32, Willpower in Kinsale, Va)
Spanish Fort, Al

Looking for 33 International
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

Great work Larry....
so I hope "Happy Wife, Happy Life" rings true for you now :!:
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Nice job, Larry. I've always thought that that was a good area for an A/C unit. During a few longer trips I've mounted a fan in that area and it cools the v-berth nicely. Our summers are shorter and cooler than yours, but I like how you mounted everything. And the condensation from the A/C should just go into your bilge from that anchor rode area.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Nice Job
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
turtlem1969
Moderate User

Post by turtlem1969 »

good looking install, just one question, where is your anchor and rode stored now? just curious cause I have 600ft of rode and 15ft of chain stored in that space.
BJ

1972 F25HT "Billy Bob"
1974 36' Tri-Cabin
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

turtlem1969 wrote:good looking install, just one question, where is your anchor and rode stored now? just curious cause I have 600ft of rode and 15ft of chain stored in that space.
You must be new here... Larry throws a mushroom anchor off the aft deck :!: <ducks and runs> :wink:
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

Post by larglo »

Thanks ya all, for all the great comments,. I should have waited till I had all the trim, etc done, but was eager to show what I had so far. But will post new pic's of the finished product soon.

Rain won't bother us at all, as our slip is in a brand new covered dock. While not using the A/C, I put the cover back, that goes on the 6" inspection hatch. The A/C will only be used when we're in the slip. Of course, when the days hit over 100 deg as it has been here, we don't venture out to the marina. We do like to spend as much time at the boat as we can, and this will help very much to extend those days.

As far as the rode is concerned, Michael, is close, but we have given up the "mushroom". :D If and when we do anchor to get into a little fishing, it will be in about 10 feet of water, and the only big waves we have, is when a boat goes by us, but we will be in a nice calm cove somewhere.

We have 50 feet of 3/8" rode and 5 feet of chain, I bought from West Marine. Which is enough to anchor in 10 feet of calm water. I gave up the mushroom after trying to anchor with it the first time. :D

I am now waiting for 3 yards of cloth material to arrive to re-cover the side wall area on the side of the dinette table and then I can reinstall all the teak wood trim I took home to refinish using Cetol light and Cetol clear.

I keep thinking I am getting close to having finished working on the boat, then realized, that, that day may never come. :D

You all have a great day.

Larry
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo
turtlem1969
Moderate User

Post by turtlem1969 »

I guess we use our f25 differently, I usually am anchored in 100-150 foot of water, now i know why you decided to put it there, still a good looking install will only look better with the trim and paint done.
BJ

1972 F25HT "Billy Bob"
1974 36' Tri-Cabin
Peter
Moderate User

Post by Peter »

nice job Larry,hope you enjoy it...[hee,hee,hee on the mushroom crack... :lol: ]
Please insert acceptable political or boating statement here...or not... I really don't give a crap....
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Pretty "cool" ;-)

Not for everyone, but given your parameters it should work well.

Has anyone seen the AC units where the heat exchanger is separate from the main units, and has some tubing and wires in harness with hoses and wires, so only that part mounts in the window? A low-end split system as is used in homes/buildings. Might work well in a boat ... ?

My previous owner installed an RV AC system in the salon ceiling so the it protrudes into the forward, port side of the bridge floor. It has worked for years, but is now toast, and I hate having the thing on the floor (as well as penetrations in the ceiling), so I may look for one of the split systems.

Who brought up that mushroom anchor again? ;-)
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

Where are the mushroom anchor pictures?
Nice job Larry hope it works well for you
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Here's what I have now:
Roof Top Air Conditioner with Electric Heat

Here's what I'm thinking of ...
The AMS12 is a 12,000 BTU cooling only split air conditioner. This model is highly energy efficient at 13.5 SEER and is whisper quiet. This is a lower cost alternative to a central AC system and is much quieter than a window or portable AC. The Alen split air conditioner does not take up any floor space as the indoor air handler is wall mounted. The AMS12 utilizes only 1,060 watts of power and also functions as a 70 pint dehumidifier. An attractive air handler is mounted on the inside wall and refrigerant and condensate lines run through a small whole in the wall to the outside unit. This results in a quiet unit as the compressor is located outside similar to a central AC unit. This unit comes pre-charged with R410 to run a 16 ft line set. http://www.amazon.com/Alen-Corporation- ... B001949LS8
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17