SAFE cabin heater?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

g36
Moderate User

SAFE cabin heater?

Post by g36 »

i have a f-32, boat at dock with power. i know complete winterizing is the best and there will be a point that i will, but i live in tennessee and to extend the season longer what type of safe heaters (brands /models)are others using to keep the cabin warm enough without having to winterize. i have a boatsafe unit in the engine room so that part is covered. but as far as the toilet and purasan and other water lines thats what i am concerned about.
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

Ceck your insurance

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

Check your insurance carefully. Some will not cover you if you have a fire and it is determined that the heater was the culprit. Some will not cover you if something freezes due to the loss of power if you were counting on the heater to prevent the freezing.

Insurance is very tricky when it comes to winter storage so read the policy and understand it fully before you make your decision to avoid proper winterization.