Active Captain

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

Here it is 20 days later and we are in a slip at Harbortown Marina in Ft Pierce, Fl. Been here since last Friday. I didn't do too well with the trip reports, did I? It is so easy to get caught up in the rush to get to warmer weather especially when you have a tropical bird on board. The old girl did just fine, total hours put on engines = 99.5, most at 1200 RPMs, burned 234 gallons of fuel and traveled 811 miles by the GPS. Have not added a drop of oil in engines, trannies or generator since we left home. My F-36 is not a cold weather boat. I had to duck tape plastic over the salon windows to keep the heat in. Even with 2 electric and 1 propane heater going, we could not heat it north of Beaufort, SC. And the salon side storage cabinets are wide open to the outdoors. Overall the trip down was enjoyable but a lot of hard work. We had no mishaps, groundings, dragged anchors or collisions. I have learned tricks to make an anchor hold with short scope in a crowded anchorage, and did my first Bahamian style anchoring in Beaufort, SC. We spent our first night on a mooring ball in St Augustine. We have met great folks everywhere and the scenery is indescribable. We have loads of pictures that I'll try to put on photobucket a little later so you can look if you like.
1980 F-36 with 6BTA 250 Cummins enjoying the Sounds and coastal waters of North Carolina
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Not bad 3.46 mpg 2.35 gph got to love diesels now was that 881 miles or was that Nautcal miles ? if it is the numbers get even better .

Glad your having a good time
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

811 statute miles
1980 F-36 with 6BTA 250 Cummins enjoying the Sounds and coastal waters of North Carolina
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Sounds great - there are some skinny areas around Sullivan's Island, just north of Beaufort and just north of St. Augustine - glad you made it through OK. We really need Gov funding to degred the ICW again ... many large sailboats can;t make it except at mid to high tide now.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17