F32 Sliding Glass Door Panel Removal

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

DK

F32 Sliding Glass Door Panel Removal

Post by DK »

I have a project that will require the temporary removal of the starbord sliding glass door panel on my 1975 F32. Can anyone provide some guidance on the procedure and complexity of this task?
Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

I have both fixed panels out of my F-36 now. Don't know if a F-32 is the same configuration or not, but mine came out by removing the inboard frame and sliding the glass out of the other 3 pieces of frame. It's not easy and you'll have to grease up the rubber seal with dish soap or oil, but it can be done. My rolling door is still there...never did figure out how to get it out! Oh yea, don't try to take out the post between the center door and the right panel. It don't come out unless you remove the entire door frame which you do not want to do.
1980 F-36 with 6BTA 250 Cummins enjoying the Sounds and coastal waters of North Carolina
Safari

Post by Safari »

I took the slider out of my F36 by removing the lower track. From the outside, remove the screws from the track. The track and the door come off at the same time (they are interlocked)- yes, it's heavy and awkward. Once off, the track will slide off.
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

Post by Buckknekkid »

we've had ours out a few times,, the rollers where toast so I made slides out of starboard,,, works like greased lightning
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD