anybody here live in or by...

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

chauzer
Moderate User

anybody here live in or by...

Post by chauzer »

does anybody here live in, or by old saybrook CT? the reason i'm asking is because there is a boat for sale at jensen marine that i'm interested in but can't get a straight price. the boat is a 04 38 foot fountain te. was wondering if maybe some kind soul who live by there would go find out for me?
life is tough! it's even tougher if your stupid.
~john wayne~
AndyF32
Sporadic User

Jensen Yacht Sales

Post by AndyF32 »

I can give Eric Jensen a call tomorrow and ask him. I have bought and sold boats thru Eric and have never had a problem with him. I want to ask him about another boat he has and can ask him about the Fountain at the same time. I do not see the Fountain listed on his Yachtworld site so possibly it has sold.
chauzer
Moderate User

Post by chauzer »

even if he has sold it let me know please? it was listed on boat trader and Jensen marine was listed as the contact. i then did a google boat search and found the same boat listed for (get this) $14,200. i then received an e-mail today from a guy who claims this is the right price! i know if it sounds to good to be true it probably is but it has become a quest to find out! i do have an e-mail in to jensen marine also, so we will see what happens! my guess is this guy who e-mailed me today is a scammer.
~john wayne~
AndyF32
Sporadic User

Post by AndyF32 »

Obviously the other guy emailing you is a scammer and has nothing to do with Jensen Yacht Sales. I spoke with Eric today about that boat and I think he said he had returned your email. The boat has indeed sold and in fact was sold to a guy in Mexico. The boat did sell for a real good price but no where near 14,200.
chauzer
Moderate User

Post by chauzer »

kind of what i figured. $14,200 for that boat would be the deal of the century! thank you very much for getting ahold of jensen marine. it's very much appreciated!

well, the search continues! thanks again.
~john wayne~
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

chauzer wrote:kind of what i figured. $14,200 for that boat would be the deal of the century! thank you very much for getting ahold of jensen marine. it's very much appreciated!

well, the search continues! thanks again.
why not play along with this jerk and get the police involved as well. Always nice to see a scammer and thief get what they deserve.
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
chauzer
Moderate User

Post by chauzer »

i talked to Eric Jensen (great guy!) today on the phone and gave him the specifics on where i found the boat listed etc. I'm going to try and drag this out and see what becomes of it. this same scammer tried to get me around three months ago with a 31 foot fountain, only that ad was a little more believable ($16,00 for an 89). i will keep everyone posted as it unfolds!
~john wayne~