Not a good day..a total downer day

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

chauzer
Moderate User

Post by chauzer »

well, I'm obviously not selling it in the condition its in so, unless i put it in the front yard as a flower planter, giving up really isn't an option.
maybe this is a sign from the boat gods. somebody, somewhere, didn't want me selling THIS boat. just pisses me off because the new upholstery i had done is ruined, the side panels by the helm are all busted to hell, god only knows how much water got into the bilge and froze. i had the plug out but that's no guarantee. not knowing is the worst i guess, and won't know untill it thaws out a bit so i can at least get the engine covers up.

i will say this; it will be the best looking, best outfitted f30 trojan in the harbor when i'm all done. i'm kinda pissed at myself for dragging my feet on finishing the project...just to be honest.
life is tough! it's even tougher if your stupid.
~john wayne~
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

chauzer -- bummer.... hope you have insurance to help mitigate the repair costs... If it makes you feel any better you are not alone.

Have some kids in our neck of the woods that fit the 'jerk' description perfectly. Responsible for one marina fire (arson, $3M+ damage, one boat was brand new - 28' Doral if I remember right - the owner bought it at the winter boat show and it had just been delivered and launched the week before - that one burned to the waterline and sunk), multiple breakins at other marinas, and attempting to start another fire through winter a year ago (amongst the boats stored in a shed... FORTUNATELY the flares they found wouldn't ignite in the cold!!).

Cops know who they are, and tipped off members of a local boat club that it was the same kids in all instances, BUT of course since they were only 13-15 years old at the time they are minors and not responsible for their actions, hence can't be identified or punished.

Apparently you aren't allowed to hold their parents responsible either. If your 13 year old was 15 miles away setting fire to something at 3AM, wouldn't you at least notice the little fart isn't at home in bed and ask some questions??? Some "parents" apparently don't.

Anyways... apologize for the rant. Very sorry chauzer...
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

Rant away, We're here for you. That's definately a bad day. The little creeps parents should pay..... But then.. some people don't know how to raise kids and some people just shouldn't be able to have kids. No accountability :evil: .........now back to boating.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Not a rant just the sad facts , If I did that as a kid my dad would have taken responsibility , and good chance I would not be here to tell you that.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

cracked manifold

Check out this guy, I will be changing my Mercruiser 228 log style manifolds to these this spring, I have spoken to Dennis Moore a few times and these manifiods will fit pre-78 engines, you just need to make sure you have enough verticle clearance in the engine room, and you may have to modify the alternator and fuel filter mounting brackets.

A complete engine kit is the same cost as one log manifold!

http://www.mooreperformance.info/Mercru ... dkits.html
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

gettaway wrote:cracked manifold

Check out this guy, I will be changing my Mercruiser 228 log style manifolds to these this spring, I have spoken to Dennis Moore a few times and these manifiods will fit pre-78 engines, you just need to make sure you have enough verticle clearance in the engine room, and you may have to modify the alternator and fuel filter mounting brackets.

A complete engine kit is the same cost as one log manifold!

http://www.mooreperformance.info/Mercru ... dkits.html
I assume this post was meant for me?
The Thread kinda got off track a little

You have to remember I am in Canada, the shipping, taxes and duty will almost double those prices for me :(
Marinemanifold from Vancouver B.C has some really good prices,
OSCO PORT SIDE MANIFOLD 7234B (Replaces Sierra 18-1950-1 / Merc 77234A2/7) - $306.94 ea plus shipping the manifold was only $40.00, no duty or extra taxes to pay.
Hope I didn't break any rules here posting this up, if I did, I apologize and have a mod delete this post
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
chauzer
Moderate User

Post by chauzer »

thats the problem with people these days, its always someone else's fault. stand up and take responsibility for your actions good or bad. if your brat kid goes out and wreck someone's stuff you should pay the price! paul is right! if i pulled crap like that my dad would have hid the body and i probably would still be missing!
going to pull the engine covers this weekend and get a full assessment of the damage. ugh, not going to be a good day...again.
life is tough! it's even tougher if your stupid.
~john wayne~
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Torcan
your good
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

Torcan,

I have Osco manifolds and elbows on both sides of my engine. I find them to be a good clean casting and much better compared to some other replacement manifolds that I've seen. They've been on my boat for 10 years now with no issues. :)
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

I wouldn't have done it - because I knew my father would have been so disappointed.

If I HAD done something like that (drunk?), my father would have beat my ass ... and I would have paid for it myself (no one ever boughtt me a car, etc.) AND paid for the owner's trouble. And been grounded (even at 17 years old I'm sure).

Sorry to hear your problems ... wish we could help!
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17