PLACEMENT OF TRANSSDUCER

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

GARYGA

PLACEMENT OF TRANSSDUCER

Post by GARYGA »

HELLO AGAIN, ANYONE OUT THEIR KNOW THE BEST PLACE FOR ME TO PUT MY THROUGH HULL TRANSDUSSER. MY F308 TROJEN HAS A KEEL FOR ABOUT TEN FEET TO THE AFT OF THE BOTTOM. I WAS GOING TO PUT IT IN FRONT OF THE THE INBOARD PROPS BUT THEN THATS WHERE THE KEEL IS. IM NOT SURE YET WHERE THE BEST PLACE TO MOUNT THIS WOULD BE. THANKS

GARY GA ( STILL LEAVING FOR THE BIG TOW TO NY, 30 DAYS AND COUNTING)

TRANSDUSSER IS FOR CHARTPLOTTER, FISH FINDER DEBTH, TEMP ECT.
1981 trojan f308
IN THE HAMPTONS
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Mine are between the engines, just starboard of the centerline. There are fairing blocks which keep it pretty well faced down, since the ducer is on the angle of the hull.

Don't put it near prop wash if possible.

You can check out Airmar. They are the manufacturers of just about all ducers for most companies.

http://airmartechnology.com/airmar2005/ ... D=0&NewID=
GARYGA

placement of transduccers

Post by GARYGA »

Thanks Jeff..........

Stripermann2 : thanks for your reply. when you were (are) between the engins is your center line the keel which is what my trojan has when i get up near the engins. this seems like a good place but im concerned about the keel being to close. after i here from you i will also check out airmar like you suggested. thanks gary
1981 trojan f308
IN THE HAMPTONS
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Gary, yes, starboard of the keel. Just a few inches inside of the Starboard engine stringer. (Between the keel and the stringer) I also have another one in the rear of the boat, just port of keel 2 feet before the transom.