How to build a fiberglass swim platform?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Codger

How to build a fiberglass swim platform?

Post by Codger »

The wood swim platform on my F-26 is about to fall apart. It will last until the end of this season, but I think that will be about it.

I am wanting to build a replacement fiberglass swim platform as a winter project. I have had a desire to learn basic fiberglass skills, and maybe building a simple swim platform would be a good start.

Has anybody here done this? If so, can you recommend any good books or videos that I could use to learn how to go about doing this? Any other pointers or comments appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Rich
koviak
Moderate User

Post by koviak »

I built a swim platform for my last boat out of trex lumber. Looked really good, held the weight of people and had requests to build others. Fiberglass is something that you learn by doing. I learned by a lot of reading,watching others and just doing. Check with Glen-L boats for reference books.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Wes system has a great book on projects like this
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D