Hello, New Trojan owner :)

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

jimbo36 wrote:Not sure what you mean by the "overhead" but I am referring to the support under the aft cockpit. This was a problem area for the cockpit version of the tri cabin. The design provides scupper holes in the transom. The seal between the aft edge of the teak deck and the fiberglass hull at the transom leaks into the bilge and rot occurs in the deck supports. Pull the hatch cover between the aft berths and check the inner deck supports. particularly at the corners. jimbo36
we removed all of the upholstery to check the condition of the decks underneath and nothing seems to be rotten, had a professional take a look at her today and nothing was found to be bad
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

ok so the boat got in the water last night and we hit a few snags lol, the port side carb is spitting fuel as the floats are stuck (will be rebuild tomorrow) and the STBD side fuel pump has gone out as soon as we pulled up to the fuel dock,,,, also the seal on the shaft is leaking a little bit but i found out how to fix that problem by just tightening it which will be done tomorrow as well... no time today lol

anywho i know you guys like pics so ill post some of the drop.... just to say the least this thing deffinately surprised me on how fuel efficient it is even with the 454's, barely any engine noise but damn hard to park with strong current lol

Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

The torn canvas is from Irene BTW... will need to get that fixed up... don't feel like buying a new canvas so ill just probably replace peaces as needed
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Looks great ,How far have you run it so far ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

not to far, to the shipping lane and back... about 2 miles or so each way so it wasnt to horible of a test run
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

would like to come over to LC and see her , I live in the Hunt Club section on the beach...and 454's can give good mileage as as you keep those back barrels shut.. :wink:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

as long as you don't run wide open there will not be much difference between the Small and big block on fuel burn at most speeds
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

nice looking boat, I think I have been in California too long, when I looked at the photos I see the guy with a cigarette in a public place, under a suspended load with no blocks or stands, open can of paint, no tyvek suit, respirator or safety glasses, no vapor recovery nozzle on the fuel hose, ....ahhhh, reminds me of the good ol days when regulation didnt make a bottom job cost 3,000.
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

gettaway wrote:nice looking boat, I think I have been in California too long, when I looked at the photos I see the guy with a cigarette in a public place, under a suspended load with no blocks or stands, open can of paint, no tyvek suit, respirator or safety glasses, no vapor recovery nozzle on the fuel hose, ....ahhhh, reminds me of the good ol days when regulation didnt make a bottom job cost 3,000.
all i gota say is LOL.... this is fairly standard over here, as long as nothing happens (accident wise) no one really cares and its private property anywyas, and honestly where wasnt any other way to touch up the bottom wthout having it just free hang there offa lift, plus that interlux paint is like tar, isnt gona catch on fire

@alexander38

Your more then welcome to come down and take a look at here, ill be working on her all weekend long so hopefully something will get accomplished to post pics off... the goal is to strip the decks and inspect + re-install the interior and exterior decking (fly bridge only), also that fuel pump i ordered should be here tomorow hopefully as well, Carter p4389
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

trust me, my comment was envy - not critisism,

we have become so over regulated that we are not allowed to perform almost any DYI in a boat yard. look though the paint section in the west marine catalog and see how many paints are "not for sale in California"

if it's not the regulators, it's the lawyers....
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

not to put a stick in eye Getaway but ya get what you vote or don't vote for...Most yards here in this part of Va. are DIY types and we love it...the EPA kind of stays away from places where you can open carry.... :)
I'd like to come over but I'll be makin' lines in the water by 1 pm Saturday :wink:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

ok so im finally back to the forum after a month or so absence, unfortuantely i am in the millitary and sometimes have no choice about internet options

so a little update on the boat (pictures coming soon as soon as i can get home and actually upload them)

Finally Moved into the boat as my permanant live aboard vesell and i have to say its honestly fairly confy, a hell of a lot better then the silverton i used to have.

I had to tinker with the FWD toilet to get it to work, replaced an inline fuce that was tucked all the way inside behind the sink, (whos bright idea was that?) and the switch and it worked like a charm.

The second thing that was astablished is that i tore off all that nasty carpet from the stone age and replaced it with rubber lock togather vinyl, forgot what its actually called however it looks great and brightens the boat up a whole lot, installed it all the way around and cut access panels for everything major and trimed it with metal.

Varnished the downstep towards the berthing in golden oak and 4 coats of marine spar due to high trafic area, now i gota do the top step and the outside as soon as it stops raining and i have time, also need to figure out a way to get that back two steps off since they are on a hinge... poinless in my opinion since theres nothing there and its fairly accesible from the middle acees hatch.

Replaced the shower body and refitted all those old school fittings as tehy decided to blow up on me as soon as installed the new 20 gal water heater into the boat, so i had to refit all the piping with PVC and ill tell you sitting behind the boiler fitting all this all day isnt the ebst hting for your back.

the whole top of the flybridge was coated with carpet over teak (not in the best shape of its life.) so the carpet had to come off and i stripped the rotting plastic beetween the teak (antislip) with a curved exacto knife and sanded down the teak untill it was ready for stain, made everything golden oak as well with 7 coats of marine spar varnish ontop just incase, the next step is to get all the little details like the trim taken care of however eather and time are of a great value here so imana have to play this one by ear. and im not even talking about the aft deck simply as i need at least 3ish days of clear weather to get it preped... lots of sanding

also the engines got a complete tune up, new filters, oil, trans fluid and such, they pur like a kitten.... just gota figure out a way to reset the engine clock counter on the flybridge as i know for sure the boat was repowered with the new 454's in mid 2008 and the timers on the top say 500 and the ones down below say 27.... yes they have barely been run as the previous owner was a Douche bag and had it repoed by the bank.

anywho as i said, ill post pics tomorow morning and yes she still needs a lot more loving, (at least the bottom is completely done for the next year :)