CruiseAir

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rolytrojan

Post by rolytrojan »

I feel for you..

I just had to replace my 16,000 btu unit in the cabin. I had several guys look at the old unit and told me that it was not worth fixing.
1985 11 Meter International Convertible
6-71TA
LandVF36
Moderate User

Post by LandVF36 »

I've been agonizing over an new AC unit all winter. I've decided on a 19,000 BTU unit (still 110V AC) from Articair (articair@aol.com). The contact there is Michelle Davis (800-230-5464).

Before I take the leap, has does anyone have a unit from this company?
Current Fleet:
2000 Carver 450 Voyager
1991 Thompson 21' Carerra Cuddy
1994 Scout 15'
2005 Caribe LCX9 dingy
1981 16' Hobicat
Former Owner - 1973 Trojan F-36 "Light and Variable"
Safari

Post by Safari »

If you were to replace the compressor, no doubt something else will fail - like a solenoid or maybe the heat exchanger. If I were the HVAC guy, I would refuse that type of work. I tried to save money once by installing an off-brand unit. I had surprise freeze-ups, leaking, overflowing evaporator pans, high head pressure internal reset failures. How much did I save? It's the old adage "pay me now or pay me later". If you put in a new Cruisair, you're good for 20 years........