F26 window weatherstrip

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rsciolino

F26 window weatherstrip

Post by rsciolino »

I am repairing the windows on my 1978 F26 and need to locate the rubber trim that mounts to the window frame/ Does anyone have a source?
farfrompuken

try these people

Post by farfrompuken »

'72 F-31 Express Flybridge JUST US TWO
Twin 270 Crusaders
16' Glassmaster Center Console
hangout:ZACKS BAY Long Island ,New York
http://s390.photobucket.com/albums/oo350/farfrompuken/
George and Joanne Holzmacher
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

If you're talking about the front windows, I replaced them using a post on this forum a few years back, but never found the original rubber stripping. I instead used black silicone with a thick bead (about 1/4 inch) and then "tooled" it with an ice cube to form a smooth "beveled" gasket that bonded to the window edge and the inside edge of the steel frame. It looks great and is a much more effective seal. The reason for the ice cube is that the silicone will not stick to it and it leaves a smooth shiny surface. If you go this route (it's pretty easy), play around with some scrap mockups and get your technique set. It won't take too much time. Same technique as caulking the outsde of a tub or sink. Just make the bead larger to cover a larger cross section.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

That is a neat way to do that seal, I love this forum. :D If you are talking about the rubber flap that covers the window hinge, I replaced mine with rubber roofing material
Rick 1976 Trojan E-26 Express 351 FI
Info@emaltd.com