non skid wax for Trojan

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

davescarrs
Sporadic User

non skid wax for Trojan

Post by davescarrs »

I just bought a 1987 10 meter international express. Trying to clean her up and make shine nice. I attempted to wax the foredeck in front of the windsheilds and am having troubles because of the non skid porous holey surface. I imagine just under the windshield and the non skid rear deck area (cockpit) will be the same way when I get to it. used the same wax (Collinite Liquid Fleet wax 870) on the exterior hull with smooth sides and it works great. i see there is a Woody non skid wax. I guess that's what I shoulda used?

What are you guys using on the Triojan porous non skid. ?
Lookout

Post by Lookout »

I dont know of anyone that waxes non skid, that would probably make it skid.... I use orpine that has wax in it, and that does ok for me.
  • LOOKOUT AGAIN
  • 1986 F-36
  • Lake Michigan Fish Slayer.
http://www.lookoutcharterservice.com
fountain27

Post by fountain27 »

You should wax the non-skid. The best product I found is Woodies Wax. It leave the figerglass protected, but not slick like regular wax.

It also makes clean-up much easier.
Lookout

Post by Lookout »

I just did a search for woody wax, and read up. Im going to try it on my non skid. Ill post how it goes.
  • LOOKOUT AGAIN
  • 1986 F-36
Anthony Tedeschi

Post by Anthony Tedeschi »

I have been using woody to wax the hole fly brigde and non skid it works real good.
davescarrs
Sporadic User

Post by davescarrs »

I had did a little research myself and concluded Woody's may work the best. I'll let you know. It was my thought you should have something on it to protect it and also just to make it easier to clean off. Dirt gets in those little pores quickly. Thanks! I'll let you know how it comes out.
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

I have been using a product by Aurora, called 'Sure Step'. It has worked well for me, and I find it actually gets 'sticky' when the decks are wet.
Lookout

Post by Lookout »

well, Im totally sold on woody wax. That stuff is the stuff to use!!
  • LOOKOUT AGAIN
  • 1986 F-36