Re-model Helm F32

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

everus

Re-model Helm F32

Post by everus »

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh23 ... mpaint.jpg

Fly helm had seat looking to aft. Wife wanted to add seat and look forward. More pics coming.

Cut off seat...epoxy and ply worked well. Put in four round 6" hatches in front so it will be easier putting helm back on. Three teak louvered doors and 1 teak glove box in front. Burled walnut radio case goes in the front above glove box. All new white gauges on a burled walnut over fiberglass dash. Built the dash using cardboard as a mold. Speakers built in at sides and low volt floor lights all around. Primed with two part. Will apply light black fog tomorrow, sand until even and apply three more coats of primmer before spaying two or three coats of two part perfection finish coat. Big job but it is looking good if I do say so and more important. The wife is happy.
F32 Trojan on Lake Simcoe, Canada.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Looks good !
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
rossjo
Ultimate User

SWEET!

Post by rossjo »

S W E E T !

(don't show my wife!)

;-)
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
Mac32
Moderate User

Post by Mac32 »

Nice work!!!
I looked at the other photos in tour album and see quite a bit of finish work you are doing in other areas. Lots of areas I can relate to thet needed work on my f32 also.
The hatches look new (er) and square, and definatly not the factory issue f32 ones. Did you put in new hatches?

Fred
MAC32 "Fingers crossed for Flotation"
everus

Post by everus »

Hi Guys
Sorry for the late reply. I know how my poor F32 feels as I also had to get some bad stuff cut out of me and just got home after three weeks in human dry dock (HOSPITAL) lol. Ready to start again on my project.
The hatches that you see are two years old and I'm changing them again. Bought Jim Black hatches on ebay in white with white glass. They will look great. I have cut out any and all rot from this baby including stringers.
She has been primmed twice and is ready for final sanding before final prime and paint. She will be better than new and i wish i could say the same for me LOL.
Radar Arch? Anyone have a good deal?
F32 Trojan on Lake Simcoe, Canada.