This Is Bullshhhh

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

trojanmanXS
Moderate User

This Is Bullshhhh

Post by trojanmanXS »

well those in the my area know whats happened. it never fails the weather has been awsome this winter, not alot of snow warmer temps. so just four days ago I chose to go outside on a nice sunny warm day temps in the 40's. I removed the cab encloser on my rhino and even took off the snowplow and stored it outback. then starting yesterday afternoon the storm rolled in and its hasnt left YET!!!!!, weve got about 7" covering glare ice and another 5" before a break. in short this means I'm screwed as I cant even GET a vehicle out to retrieve the plow. I have a husky and figure between the two of us and maybe the wife we can trek out there and drag it close to the rhino then theres the joy of laying in this pile and freezing fingers to the point of hypo as I attempt to fiddle with small nuts and bolts that will for sure drop into the drift at some point causing me to find the needle in the hay stack. if I dont make it someone FINISH MY DAMN BOAT!!!!!! then raffle it off to someone who'll enjoy it . oh yeah and help my neighbor he got stuck in his drive at 5am and called me to help , I couldnt get him out with my f250 3/4ton 4wheel drive , his chevy is still teatering on the hillside with his headlights shining towards venus.
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

well, since none of us know where in the country you are, it's hard to get a frame of reference geographically. as far as completely dewinterizing things, i always try to use mid march as a usual safe bet to finally dewinterize the boat. one constant.... mother nature WILL always outwit the human population.
aaron in baltimore
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
trojanmanXS
Moderate User

Post by trojanmanXS »

above the mason dixen line , where all the cnn us maps show white
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

aaronbocknek wrote:well, since none of us know where in the country you are, it's hard to get a frame of reference geographically. as far as completely dewinterizing things, i always try to use mid march as a usual safe bet to finally dewinterize the boat. one constant.... mother nature WILL always outwit the human population.
aaron in baltimore
upstate NY Aaron :D
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

trojanmanXS wrote:above the mason dixen line , where all the cnn us maps show white
well that narrows it down to anywhere from shrewsbury PA to burlington vermont to cleveland ohio. and points in between. :?
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
trojanmanXS
Moderate User

Post by trojanmanXS »

lol sorry I currently reside in Massena NY along the st lawrence river. We could almost stands on the river banks here with a golf club and hit canada "not that we would we just love those candians " there the best bunch to hang with at the sandbars here. have you ever seen an angry candian? I dont think there is one. anyway back to location thats where I am , couple hours north of alex bay thousand islands region and couple hrs east of lake placid where the winter games in the 80's took place. right where the USA beat the Russians in hockey. remember that movie ?
hope that clears it up a bit .
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

trojanmanXS wrote:lol sorry I currently reside in Massena NY along the st lawrence river. We could almost stands on the river banks here with a golf club and hit canada "not that we would we just love those candians " there the best bunch to hang with at the sandbars here. have you ever seen an angry candian? I dont think there is one. anyway back to location thats where I am , couple hours north of alex bay thousand islands region and couple hrs east of lake placid where the winter games in the 80's took place. right where the USA beat the Russians in hockey. remember that movie ?
hope that clears it up a bit .
lol.... i practically grew up in ontario. my dad is from toronto. actually, downsview. the only angry canadian i've seen is my dad when one of us kids crossed the line. but, in general, if it were not so bloody cold there, i'd relocate in a minute. from my late aunts house in downsview, i can go anywhere in the city w/ out a car. the public transport system is as good as london or any other european city. love it.
keep warm buddy.
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Just got about 4 inches of the white stuff yesterday 2 hours north of Toronto. Can't complain though, it's been a mild winter. Won't be long now before we have to cut the grass twice a week but at least the boats will be in :wink:
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
Muskokan345

Post by Muskokan345 »

Hey Big D, where abouts are you located, you said 2 hrs N of Toronto, Thats about where I am in Muskoka and I'd say more like 8 inches...and stupid me, I was gonna go to the boat earlier in the week to take some measurements, it'll have to wait now
1986 F26
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

More like about 1.5 hours north around Simcoe.
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

2 inches of wet slop here thats mostly melted now. I'm about 150 miles southeast of the OP's location.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
rcamaine

Post by rcamaine »

Here on the coast of Maine I usually shoot for the 1st of April to remove the tarp - knowing all too well it will snow at least one more time. This year the ground is bare right now - very unusual - but glad for it.

Still .. in this neck of the woods - April IS a winter month.
1980 36' Tri-Cabin - "Jeaga" - Maine
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

aaronbocknek wrote:well, since none of us know where in the country you are, it's hard to get a frame of reference geographically. as far as completely dewinterizing things, i always try to use mid march as a usual safe bet to finally dewinterize the boat. one constant.... mother nature WILL always outwit the human population.
aaron in baltimore

Or what kinda boat will we be refinishing?

OH aND sunny and 65 here today!
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

:evil:
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

foofer b wrote:
aaron in baltimore

Or what kinda boat will we be refinishing?

OH aND sunny and 65 here today!
as you guys down there have been told before there's a named storm out there with your name on it.... :P
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/