Where to find Porthole visors for my 74' Trojan

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jwrape
Moderate User

Where to find Porthole visors for my 74' Trojan

Post by jwrape »

My Trojan is missing2 of those white rubbery porthole visors seen on the side of the boat here. Where can I find them?
79' Carver 28' Mariner
I want another Trojan, preferably a Tri Cabin
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Welcome to the board!

Try John at Marine Tech. 717-684-4145 be sure you know which model boat you have when inquiring for parts and info. I believe you have the 44 MY. Good luck.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
jwrape
Moderate User

Post by jwrape »

Stripermann2 wrote:Welcome to the board!

Try John at Marine Tech. 717-684-4145 be sure you know which model boat you have when inquiring for parts and info. I believe you have the 44 MY. Good luck.
Great, Thanks. Does he have a nice selection of all kinds of Trojan parts oris it limited? I plan to replace a few other things of course and need a good parts supplier since there is not much around for these boats in GA.
79' Carver 28' Mariner
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

John and Larry were with Trojan before they went out. Good guys but dependant on what you need, they may have or be able to tell you best where to get a specific item/part. Other than Trojan parts, you can pretty much get other marine related parts just about anywhere.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders

-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
jwrape
Moderate User

Post by jwrape »

Stripermann2 wrote:John and Larry were with Trojan before they went out. Good guys but dependant on what you need, they may have or be able to tell you best where to get a specific item/part. Other than Trojan parts, you can pretty much get other marine related parts just about anywhere.
Yea, there are a lot of upgraded parts on the boat, CB, GPS, Stereos but as for the gauges that stopped working and other parts i would like to replace with original instead of replacing all the gauges to keep them looking the same across the dash.
My Port temp gauge doesn't work on the top deck, but the gauges in the aft salon work good. Might be wiring but I think it's the gauge.
79' Carver 28' Mariner
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Then in that case, get a hold of John on Monday talk over your needs with him and see if he can supply you with a wiring diagram and any other info to help you along. He's a good source of information. Good luck.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders

jwrape
Moderate User

Post by jwrape »

Stripermann2 wrote:Then in that case, get a hold of John on Monday talk over your needs with him and see if he can supply you with a wiring diagram and any other info to help you along. He's a good source of information. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!
79' Carver 28' Mariner