Septic holding tank on 11 Meter

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Yachtski III

Septic holding tank on 11 Meter

Post by Yachtski III »

Here is my second question from the new owner of a 11 Meter. My 1989 boat has never had the septic holding tank hooked up. The hose from the head goes directly to the pumpout port. The boat is set up to treat and then discharge the waste. This is not allowed on the Chesapeake so I need to correct it. I believe the holding tank is below the generator. I also believe that there are two blanked off access ports on this tank. However, they are WAY under the generator and I can barely reach then. I will need to jack up the genny to access. Does anyone know which of these two is the IN port and which is the OUT port. It seems to matter as there is some kind of baffle inside the holding tank which I can see and feel from a third access port. (Used for the Tankwatch sensor)

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers, Peter
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

send me a PM and I'll refer you to the 11 meter expert.

RWS
Obaby

Just did mine

Post by Obaby »

Pump-in /Pump-out/ Sensor-Vent out ( facing genset)
(from the pump/ To the pumpout & tee to maserator/ to filter vent out)

I recommend adding the Carbon Filter in-line with the vent also.

Just replaced my GenSet and they replaced all the holding tank hoses AND fittings..They were plastic and brittle and I'm glad we did.

I just spashed Friday but I'll snap some pictures next time.

Patrick

Also bilgecoat everything with the generator out! you'll never reach that area again !!

Also, my mechanic says use Silicone grease not 5200..
Trojan 11 Meter International (87)
New Twin MP 502's 8.2
Westerbeke 5KW
Oceanside Harbor San Diego
Yachtski III

Post by Yachtski III »

Awesome! Thank you - that is exactly what I needed to know!

Would love to see some pics of your interior - especially if it was redone - we need to do ours and would like to see what others have done and hear what materials were used.

Looks like you put the new gas engines in - did you replace genset with gas or diesel? I only have ~ 400 hours on originals - but that does not make them new, they will need to be replaced soon.

Cheers,
Peter
Obaby

Glad that helped

Post by Obaby »

Peter,

Cool, your post was weeks ago but I'm glad that helped. I just splashed Friday but I'll get some new pics for ya.

Here's a post I did before the install was complete, but you can see the new hose under the Genset. I replaced everything in the vacuflush system including the pump also. I like things done the right way I guess...
http://www.trojanboats.net/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=1116

Yes, I re-did the interior and many other things.. Put new Marine grade carpet in throught the boat BUT the rubberised backing broke down, I had rubber dust all over the place!!(so be careful) New carpet will be done by next week.. My next project is the Dashboard and Corian counter tops... I'll wait till December for that !

Patrick
Trojan 11 Meter International (87)
New Twin MP 502's 8.2
Westerbeke 5KW
Oceanside Harbor San Diego