New 1977 F26 Trojan boat oner

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

DOUBLE R
Sporadic User

Post by DOUBLE R »

It's only a '77, don't call her a relic. Call her a classic.
MY CURENT FLEET

2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 ASHCRAFT 14' SKIFF
classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

Welcome Aboard! Very informative forum has saved us time and money... Have fun
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

Thanks Jamie......musta missed that.........anyways, welcome......love to see some pics.......mines a 1972, 40 years young this year and better than new.............John
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Welome aboard to another F26 owner! Great boat. We bought ours in 1999 after 25 years of sailboats and we'll never ever go back to wind, no matter how much gas costs! Lots of great advice on this forum.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
carlywolf
Sporadic User

New F26 owner

Post by carlywolf »

Once again. thx for welcome. And you are right .. its a classic not a relic!!Was wondering if anyone knows wheather or not these F26 originally came with generators? Mine doesnt have one and im thinking of an install.Thoughts or ideas? Thx for any feedback :idea:
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Welcome aboard.

I think the genny was an option. Nice to have if you need it, but the space on an F26 is limited, so you'll have to make choice.s
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

I have the original price sheet for our 77 F26 and the genny was not an option. I use a Honda EU2000 which I put on the swim platform or on the hardtop when we're at anchor. It powers everything we use and since it plugs into the shorepower 30 amp socket (I bought at adapter) it also powers the battery charger. It's quiet and safe, just so long as you don't run in inside the boat or the cockpit! You can get a lot of info from Don at Beacon Marine. I also will be happy to email you pdfs of some of the documents and info I scanned off the original stuff that came with the boat. You can send me a private message and I'll attach the files if you want.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
carlywolf
Sporadic User

Genny

Post by carlywolf »

Yea, not much room to add one thats why i was asking where one would go. And Randy thx for the offer to send info . I too have the H/T. before i bought the boat it had a tower attached. Havent seen what that looked like on an F26 on this site yet. but would like too. The man i bought this boat from totally restored her . engine electrical plumbing interior exterior. Past owner was so into it.. photos coming soon..
Classic 1977 F26 HT 5.7 MPFI 350 (330HP)
CLAS-SEA
Carl