1975 F30 Express anchoring question?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

gabbey

1975 F30 Express anchoring question?

Post by gabbey »

I have a question about the F30. When I anchor from the bow she swings back and forth no matter what position the rudder is in or how long or short the line is.
My question is does anyone else have this problem?
It cause's a problem when I am anchored at the local swim spot and other people anchor close to me not realizing my boat is going to swing into thier boat and get made when I ask them to anchor a little farther away.
Is there a way to correct this problem?
kwkw25

Post by kwkw25 »

Put a rear anchor out, this way you wont swing at all. Thats what I do, a small danforth on the rear cleat. solve all your problems and no worries

all boats are going to swing when 1 anchor is out. if you shorten your line, your swing will be less.

Use a rear anchor
gabbey

Post by gabbey »

I have put out a rear anchor it does not eliminate the swing. I would have to put out a three point rig to stop it. Not all boats swing for instance my friends 28' marienette does not swing at all. My egg harbor didn't swing. I guess I was just wondering if it was inherent to the trojans hull design. I have no complaints about the boat just was wondering if anyone else had the same problem?
Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

I used to have the same problem on a 28 Chris Craft (now sold). The only way I could get it to stop was rig a loop in the anchor line and pull a short line from it to the quarter cleat. This causes the boat to set at a slight angle to the wind and stops the swinging.