1970's Cabinet Hardware

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jon_e_quest
Sporadic User

1970's Cabinet Hardware

Post by jon_e_quest »

Am looking for two pairs of mid-70's vintage cabinet hinges. Used throughout most Trojan cabin interiors. Made by Amerock of Illinois. Officially called chrome-plated brass, semi-concealed, variable overlay style hinge. If you are parting out your boat, please email. Thanks...
Current Boats:
1972 35' Chris Craft Commander
1962 18' Chris Craft Cavalier

Former Trojans:
1972 F-36 Tri-Cabin
1976 F-26 Express HT
1978 F-25 Express HT
count brewski

Post by count brewski »

I think I can help you out, can you post or email me a pic of the specific hardware you're looking for? I have a '73 Sea Raider I am using as a parts boat for my '74 Sportfisher.....
raymond workman

Post by raymond workman »

:? Hello I have been waiting on you to get back with me.I was under the impression that you were going to be listing the items on ebay after you went through them and you would let me know what was going to be up for sale.If you have a list and it's not two much trouble can you send me a copy that would be greatly appreciated thx ray
75 trojan 30 ft 302 express fb
count brewski

Post by count brewski »

well Ray progress has been excruciatingly slow, and I hope you don't think that I'm selling things out from under you (this hardware would be the first thing I've sold).....if you can tell me exactly what you're looking for I might be able to help you out....I doubt that I will ever compile a list and put it on ebay, it'll be more like you ask about something specific and we'll see what we can do......will that work for ya? lemme know, CB
raymond workman

Ill try to get a list together as you know im doing a complete restore the boat was gutted before I bought with motors shot boat had been setting for over 5yr and had been striped down durring that time the only thing in tac inside is front vberth and head all else is gone I have gotten pitchers of what need to be done in their. I do have one upright in the starboard railing 3rd one from the bow and the trojan letters on the transom just to think of a few things.
count brewski

Post by count brewski »

yeah sounds like you're in the same world of *** I am in, I can probably help you with railing uprights as my railing is good, I already took the transom lettering off the parts boat as I needed it too :( .... do you ever drive your rig to the Wash. DC area? once I get the engines thing sorted out (Chrysler 318's, I got 4) mebbe you might wanna buy one.....CB
raymond workman

My boat came with 351 windsor in it and I pick up a set of 440s from Danny Bailey and have them put up for now im thinking i may try to find a set of tranneys for them but thats the last thing on my mind right now still trying to find thing needed for the boat while boating is hot and people are out and about.
LandVF36
Moderate User

Post by LandVF36 »

So far, I've found exact matches for any cabinet hardware I needed at the local Rockler woodworkers store. They also have a site http://www.rockler.com
Current Fleet:
2000 Carver 450 Voyager
1991 Thompson 21' Carerra Cuddy
1994 Scout 15'
2005 Caribe LCX9 dingy
1981 16' Hobicat
Former Owner - 1973 Trojan F-36 "Light and Variable"
jon_e_quest
Sporadic User

Mid-70's Cabinet Hinges

Post by jon_e_quest »

Count,

Here is a photo of the hinge I'm looking for.

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos48 ... _0_ALB.jpg

Thanks for your reply,
Marc
Current Boats:

Former Trojans:
1972 F-36 Tri-Cabin
1976 F-26 Express HT
1978 F-25 Express HT
count brewski

Post by count brewski »

Marc- I'll be down at the boat tomorrow and get back to you here Fri. if I got 'em :D or not :( .....cross yer fingers, CB
jon_e_quest
Sporadic User

Post by jon_e_quest »

Thanks, CB
Current Boats:

Former Trojans:
1972 F-36 Tri-Cabin
1976 F-26 Express HT
1978 F-25 Express HT
count brewski

Post by count brewski »

well I looked at everything with a hinge on it (both boats) and don't seem to have what was in the pic you sent me :( .......what were the hinges on?