F25 bilge blower

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

gordd
Sporadic User

F25 bilge blower

Post by gordd »

Hello everyone again : I been going thru some systems on board my 1974 F25 cabin cruiser and came up with head scratcher . For me anyways . For lot of you it may be just silly questions . I looked at manuals and although descriptive it doesnt really show where some things are located .
1 )For example something simple as a bilge blower for ventilation . I turn switch on and I really dont hear anything so not sure if its working or not . Can anyone maybe provide location or pic for that? Again sorry about silly newbie questions
Perhaps this is blower ?
Perhaps this is blower ?
resize1.jpg (65.45 KiB) Viewed 7690 times
2) Short of following all the hoses to its destination which I will be doing anyways maybe someone can shed some light on 3 connection from experiance and better description
Crossroads
Crossroads
resize3.jpg (169.79 KiB) Viewed 7690 times
3) This is waste exhaust from somewhere but not sure if its supposed to be covered with simmilar cover like the fuel line and how would work. Feel it should have some kind of cover simply to prevent any water from coming in but not sure what type I
wate exhaust ?
wate exhaust ?
resize2.jpg (204.96 KiB) Viewed 7690 times

Thank you everyone for help in advance . i am trying to go thru systems to get them ready for a survey and try to get as much if not all in working order as possible
1995 390 express
Sporadic User

Re: F25 bilge blower

Post by 1995 390 express »

hi - your first pic. is of your air conditioning unit. in your second photo i think your blower will be located at the end of what looks like dryer vent hose. the blower it self is probably to the stern of it. your waste pic is where you pump out the waste and yes there should be a screw on cover good luck
srokag44
Sporadic User

Post by srokag44 »

Your first picture is definitely an AC unit although it appears to be an air-cooled condenser. Anyone else ever seen one of these used in the engine compartment?
1985 Trojan 10 Meter International Sedan
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

srokag44 wrote:Your first picture is definitely an AC unit although it appears to be an air-cooled condenser. Anyone else ever seen one of these used in the engine compartment?
I didnt see AC anywhere but Could it be for fridge ? instead of behind the fridge they moved it there for space ?
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

1995 390 express wrote:hi - your first pic. is of your air conditioning unit. in your second photo i think your blower will be located at the end of what looks like dryer vent hose. the blower it self is probably to the stern of it. your waste pic is where you pump out the waste and yes there should be a screw on cover good luck
Ty .. when you say waste you mean toilet waste for pump out .. I wasnt sure cause thought those toilets were overboard discharge. Am glad they have a holding tank though to save the envoirment :)
srokag44
Sporadic User

Post by srokag44 »

Yes that is possible. It is definitely a compressor and condenser. I can't imagine the condenser performs too well when it has to reject to air that is at 130 deg F from the engine heating the compartment.
1985 Trojan 10 Meter International Sedan
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

srokag44 wrote:Yes that is possible. It is definitely a compressor and condenser. I can't imagine the condenser performs too well when it has to reject to air that is at 130 deg F from the engine heating the compartment.
Thank You again .. i will be going to boat in morning and will follow all lines and duct/hose work see where they go .. was just hoping for some input so can trace it easier and or not blindly. I may be or should be replacing fridge as that 70's color is not very appealing lol I wonder if it will fit thru cabin door .
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Post by 1967 seavoyager »

That condenser looks like it's for the refridgerator, should be behind a forward air intake. The bilge blower should be on the port side with a round screen on the hull.
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 Trojan 36' Sea Voyager Express
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

That condenser looks like it's for the refridgerator, should be behind a forward air intake. The bilge blower should be on the port side with a round screen on the hull.
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

There is hole with screen on starbord side towards stern , I thought that may be the exhaust but was looking for the blower unit itself . Not sure if that is visble somewhere. I suppose put a hand over the hole and feel if anything is coming out
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

I agree with above; First pic is fridge compressor; common set up years ago. Second pic is diverter for toilet to pump into waste holding tank or overboard. Third pic is deck fitting where you would pump out the waste holding tank at a pump out station. You should be able to purchase a screw-in cover for it. Check the size, there are a few different standards. Blower; follow the white vent hose from one end to the other.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

Thank you BigD . Most boat fridges have that set up ? What I mean if I change fridge for newer model will it hook up to that compresor or they ussualy have their own ?
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

That type of system was pretty common in older boats. Newer fridges have built-in compressors unless you get into the much bigger/more expensive systems. Same as air conditioners; bigger/more expensive units have remote compressors.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

Big D wrote:That type of system was pretty common in older boats. Newer fridges have built-in compressors unless you get into the much bigger/more expensive systems. Same as air conditioners; bigger/more expensive units have remote compressors.
Nice just have to make sure fits thru door lol I dont really wanna cut the top deck to get it in
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

My fridge is on the port side. It's a reach - thru. The compressor is on the starboard side by the helm behind the forward vent. Still works real good too.
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"