Removing Fuel Tank Sender 1990 F32

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

obeejr
Sporadic User

Removing Fuel Tank Sender 1990 F32

Post by obeejr »

I have determined after some diagnostic testing that the fuel gauge sender on one of my saddle tanks is not working. Can anyone reassure me that the sender can be removed without moving the tank? I would really hate to have to pull the tank, which would involve (at least) removing the outboard manifold. Also- any recommendations on a replacement? I can't use a WEMA or Centroid, because they require much more clearance above the tank than I have for my saddle tanks.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Removing Fuel Tank Sender 1990 F32

Post by prowlersfish »

I belive you can remove the pannel/floor above the tank and removethe sender . I have done it on the F36 and the setup looks the be the same .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
obeejr
Sporadic User

Post by obeejr »

The sender is in the starboard side saddle tank, outboard of the starboard engine. Not only does the cabin sole panel above it not appear to be removable, but the a/c evaporator is sitting on that panel directly above the sender.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I know the panel on the f36 is removable . I was hoping some one with a F32 would respond

Any one ??????? with a F32 change the sender ??
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

Our F-32 had two access plates that would allow access to the fuel sending units and the the shut off valves on each tank. the access plate was kind of centered between them so you could reach them both. I replaced the sending units and you had to do a little thinking to remove and install the float into the tank, but you can do it without screwing up the calibration.
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
kallen
Sporadic User

Post by kallen »

On my 81 f-32 the guage was not accurate so I removed the sender and dissasembled the terminals and cleaned the bolts. I found that the ground terminal was corroded. Cleaned and worked fine after.