Anyone have good pics of a 365 tri cabin?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jwrape
Moderate User

Anyone have good pics of a 365 tri cabin?

Post by jwrape »

I've been looking at Tri Cabins for months now and found a 77' that needs MUCH work and has been floating un-used since 2006. I am looking for Tri Cabin pics for ideas of what I could make of this 77' to see if it would be something I want to tackle. I have unlimited access to it and can check everything before I make an offer so I am looking for ideas for a remodel and restore.
So I know some of you guys have the rare and illusive tri cabin pics around here. So please post them up if you would to help me with remodeling ideas.
79' Carver 28' Mariner
I want another Trojan, preferably a Tri Cabin
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: Anyone have good pics of a 365 tri cabin?

Post by P-Dogg »

There is a person who reads this board but never posts who has the most immaculate tricabin I have never seen. It is truly awesome. It is on a lake in North Carolina. I don't have the link handy, but ill see if I can't find it on my other computer.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
jwrape
Moderate User

Post by jwrape »

P-Dogg wrote:There is a person who reads this board but never posts who has the most immaculate tricabin I have never seen. It is truly awesome. It is on a lake in North Carolina. I don't have the link handy, but ill see if I can't find it on my other computer.
Sounds good to me if you find it.
79' Carver 28' Mariner
jwrape
Moderate User

Re: Anyone have good pics of a 365 tri-fly?

Post by jwrape »

I just realized that the "tri-Cabin" that I am looking at is actually a Tri-Fly.... Interesting... Learn something new every day
79' Carver 28' Mariner
jwrape
Moderate User

Post by jwrape »

I found a 77 Tri-Fly Tri cabin beside our new slip. I am going to try to obtain this one. Has 39 hours on it and tons of TEAK. It needs TONS of work but has a lot of potential. Gonna need some $$$ but would be totally worth it and a perfect size and set up and like going home again after owning a F44 before. I'll of course post it up if we get it.
79' Carver 28' Mariner
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

You came to the right place!!
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
jwrape
Moderate User

Post by jwrape »

I just spoke to the guy that owns the Tri-Fly..... He needs a fortune to pay it off to sell it (not what he said originally). Unless something changes, I don't know if I will be getting that one. It's really disappointing but I am 2 slips down from it so something might change for him finanacially and he will let it go. I told him what it's worth to me but he owes WAY more than it could ever sell for..... I mean WAY MORE!!!! More than twice it's worth. It seems he over paid years ago for it and never really used it and let it sit since 2006 and it really shows. I'm probably one of the very few that would take on such a undertaking. I hope something changes and we get it to stop the bleeding on it but otherwise it might be a a Tri-Fly lost due to bad money and boat management. :-(
79' Carver 28' Mariner
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

Say What?

I didn't know you could get financing on a 1977 Boat?
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I did 10 years ago :D back when boats were worth something
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jwrape
Moderate User

Post by jwrape »

lawyerdave71 wrote:Say What?

I didn't know you could get financing on a 1977 Boat?
Yea, I didn't either but some how he has a LARGE loan on it. It's so out of it's league on that loan. Maybe something will change and he will offer it to me, but for now what he needs is not worth my money
79' Carver 28' Mariner
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Prices on these are all over place , may I ask what is he asking ? I understand if you don't want to say .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
jwrape
Moderate User

Post by jwrape »

prowlersfish wrote:Prices on these are all over place , may I ask what is he asking ? I understand if you don't want to say .
He owes $18k. He's not exactly trying to sell it. He said he would take offers but needs most of that to pay it off to sell it. I of course am not willing to get anywhere near that due to the mold and degradation of the boat.
The main reason for me to get it would be to re-do it the way that I want it, not to buy a boat in good 1977 shape. I want a old boat with new amentities
79' Carver 28' Mariner
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

That's not a unfair price , for a boat in average cond . But high for one in bad shape , There are many listed for twice that ,but I assume in very good shape .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

As far as a loan on a 77 , If he bought it 10 years ago so for 45k (about the market at the time) and a 15 year note ( also common ) then owning 18k now is right in line .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
jwrape
Moderate User

Post by jwrape »

prowlersfish wrote:That's not a unfair price , for a boat in average cond . But high for one in bad shape , There are many listed for twice that ,but I assume in very good shape .
It's in aweful shape really. I am a optimistic when it comes to old boats so $18k is CRAZY high for this one.

It needs all new flooring, needs all Teak redone, Hasn't ran moved or ran since 2006, The aft stateroom has a lot of leaks and mold and will need all new headliners. MANY MANY upgrades needed and the Bimini, although is there, is damaged pretty well. All zippers broken but glass and all canvus is good except the three rear panels. Everything, absolutely everything needs to be cleaned and touched.
79' Carver 28' Mariner