Southern Ontario Memebers

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jimbo36
Moderate User

Re: Southern Ontario Memebers

Post by jimbo36 »

Time and location are the two major issues and they are conflicting due to travel time to the eventual location. May I suggest that location be considered/decided followed by who can come, and when? So, what are the options for location?

1. My offer stands to come to Bay Moorings as a destination. We host the Looper's,(boats traveling the Great Loop) who enjoy meeting up and enjoying the amenities at the marina as well as program of events including BBQ, wine and cheese, local attractions including the Kings Whalf Theatre, (live plays within Walking distance) a visit to Discovery Harbour, (war of 1812), Restaurants, and depending on the timing, Midland Tug Boat Races, "Rock the Dock", "Auquapolooza", etc, the list goes on. We can accommodate any number of boats. I would give everyone a great package for docking. Or, we could meet up here and head out to a great, prearranged location in Georgian Bay.

2. A location within the Trent Canal System. Big Chief, Port of Orillia, etc.

If we put together an event and get a consensus on a location we could work on a date that would suit as many as possible. 8)
Twintwister

Post by Twintwister »

Has this been done in this area before? I have done Pottahawk when I was on Erie with my previous boat, and was involved in a chris craft tour two years ago. I have my tricabin in snug harbour marina on sturgeon lake and would be interested if it were close enough.
Happy Ours

Post by Happy Ours »

Hi Twintwister I was up at Sturgeon Lake today just checking on my boat, all is good, it's at Sturgeon Lake Marina just up the road from Snug Harbour, this regatta of Trojans sounds great, the distances some have to travel is pretty far, if coming from trenton area time is about 4 1/2 days one way to Georgian Bay I am about half way there and it is still 2 days minimum one way, from Trenton that would be 90 locks with return trip alot off work, Now I don,t want to rock the boat [no pun intended] But maybe we could break this into 2 different get togethers on the same dates and use skipe to meet the members of the other Trojan party, just a thought. Big sports day on Sunday Canada plays for gold and the Daytona 500 Spring is in the air

http://www.trentsevern.com/newsite/
1977 F32
1975 F26 sold
AT Young's Point in the Kawartha Lakes on the
Trent Severn Waterway
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Happy Ours wrote:Big sports day on Sunday Canada plays for gold
A tip : Its best not to remind our American cousins of tomorrow's game..... or Friday's. Or Thursday's. :lol: :lol: (sorry to our southern neighbours, but you can at least be happy that the Russians are even more pissed than you are!)
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Happy Ours wrote:Hi Twintwister I was up at Sturgeon Lake today just checking on my boat, all is good, it's at Sturgeon Lake Marina just up the road from Snug Harbour, this regatta of Trojans sounds great, the distances some have to travel is pretty far, if coming from trenton area time is about 4 1/2 days one way to Georgian Bay I am about half way there and it is still 2 days minimum one way, from Trenton that would be 90 locks with return trip alot off work, Now I don,t want to rock the boat [no pun intended] But maybe we could break this into 2 different get togethers on the same dates and use skipe to meet the members of the other Trojan party, just a thought. Big sports day on Sunday Canada plays for gold and the Daytona 500 Spring is in the air

On a more serious note - this may open up some possibilities. I am at the extreme western tip of Lake Ontario, so a northern rendezvous would mean I am probably showing up by car. Something on eastern Lake Ontario or Thousand Islands area, or in the lower Trent (be it the event, or a 2nd event) may be a lot easier to work in, and may also allow some of our northern NY folks to crash the party....
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

captainmaniac wrote:
Happy Ours wrote:Big sports day on Sunday Canada plays for gold
A tip : Its best not to remind our American cousins of tomorrow's game..... or Friday's. Or Thursday's. :lol: :lol: (sorry to our southern neighbours, but you can at least be happy that the Russians are even more pissed than you are!)
Hey , While I am for the US I hope you Kick a== A win from you'all is the next best thing
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Twintwister

Post by Twintwister »

Happy Ours wrote:Hi Twintwister I was up at Sturgeon Lake today just checking on my boat, all is good, it's at Sturgeon Lake Marina just up the road from Snug Harbour, this regatta of Trojans sounds great, the distances some have to travel is pretty far, if coming from trenton area time is about 4 1/2 days one way to Georgian Bay I am about half way there and it is still 2 days minimum one way, from Trenton that would be 90 locks with return trip alot off work, Now I don,t want to rock the boat [no pun intended] But maybe we could break this into 2 different get togethers on the same dates and use skipe to meet the members of the other Trojan party, just a thought. Big sports day on Sunday Canada plays for gold and the Daytona 500 Spring is in the air

I have been down to snug, even had the old guy haul my last boat when some debris snapped my drive shafts on buckhorn. I have done the Georgian bay trek definatly a good haul. Also few years ago we floated a few boats from the holland river on lake simcoe to port Burrell on Lake Erie and we took the Georgian bay path took 10 days at hull speed.
A lot of the locks are good with people in tents, i would be open to floating a few passengers who had to drive up.

Canada was definatly giving clinics in a few sports this go around.
Nice one team Canada!
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

The Southern Ontario Rendezvous threads kind of died.... but just thought I would fire this off in case anyone was going to be in the neighbourhood ... I will be heading out tomorrow (boating gods willing) for Cobourg. Spending time up until about the 24th in Cobourg, Belleville and Picton (a couple of nights per), then heading back to Toronto Island for the 25th or 26th.
TC
Sporadic User

Post by TC »

Here goes my hat into the ring. Leaving tomorrow morning and headed into the Trent. We and two other (non Trojan) boats are headed out for our first week. Will be in Orillia Wednesdayish. Then splitting up later in the week as we are going to stay at our son's home in Keswick. His home is on one of three canals and we'll tie to his dock for two days. Second week is up in the air but we have thoughts of North bound towards Parry Sound.
1989 F-32
Penetang,
Georgian Bay
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

TC wrote:Here goes my hat into the ring. Leaving tomorrow morning and headed into the Trent. We and two other (non Trojan) boats are headed out for our first week. Will be in Orillia Wednesdayish. Then splitting up later in the week as we are going to stay at our son's home in Keswick. His home is on one of three canals and we'll tie to his dock for two days. Second week is up in the air but we have thoughts of North bound towards Parry Sound.
I'll be near Cow island in the Massassauga park Friday to Tuesday of the long weekend. Give me a hail if anyone is nearby.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/45%C2 ... :0x0?hl=en
Last edited by ready123 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

Can't beat a triple axle for our size boat.....sure the 25/26 is over width, but we have tried everything from MTO to our local chicken coop (401 scale house) to get permits....cannot get one, they all play dumb.....unbelievable :?
Hey Paul its Gord . Have same boat as you not is as good shape but in time lol . I don't think you need oversize permit for that width . I think ours is 90 inches or so at best . Big rig, standard trailers are usually 102 " wide. Not sure exactly what criteria is where oversize permit kicks in , but can stop at inspection station and ask them . Dual tandem is ok as well . Think up here is 5 k lbs per axle . That all I have for now.